Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
GS-911 / 22 R1250 GSA Alarm Tone does not work anymore!
« Last post by WIZARD1325 on March 02, 2024, 09:07:02 PM »
I was configuration the Alarm tone on my bike and when i coded it, my alarm sound does not work anymore.

I have the arm/disarm tone enabled on both screens and on the TFT settings but no tone and also no warning tone that the alarm is going to go off. Also does not tone when manually arming with fob, just one indicator flash for "disarm" two for "arm" and three for "already armed".

I tried a couple of different arm delay times and they work correctly, double flash when armed (but no tone  :'().

Also, The setting i input on the TFT screen does not reflect the GS-911 and vice versa. How do I get my tone back?
General Discussion / Re: First time use and errors
« Last post by GS Jim on March 02, 2024, 07:17:45 PM »
There has been multiple posts concerning maintaining acceptable voltage levels while using the GS911 lately. Trickle chargers are for battery maintenance and don't work well for keeping the voltage up with ignition on as they only put out about 800 milliamps. You need to use a charger that will put out at least 4 amps. I use a microprocessor controlled variable 0-8 amp charger and I have found that works fine.
Prior to key on make sure all extra accessories are off and head light is on low beam.
15 volts is way to high, a trickle charger should never have gotten it to that level, there might be something wrong with it, you need to be careful you don't cook the battery.

I get error messages at times also, try the function again (and again), make sure you internet is stable, reboot, plug/unplug etc.
GS-911 / Leap Day
« Last post by jalex on March 01, 2024, 10:06:38 PM »
Am I the only dufus who tried to reset my (K255 model) service indicator on Leap Day?

I tried using the default, 365/6000mi option but the GS911 kept showing an error - something like "unexpected response code  ...". The bike refused to allow the service reminder to be reset.  After a couple of minutes of retrying, I realized that the GS911 was trying to set the service reminder date to 2/29/2025 and the bike computer apparently caught the invalid date.  I chose a couple of days earlier, like 2/25/2025, which then worked fine.

-the Dufus, Jalex
General Discussion / First time use and errors
« Last post by Krazyjohnny on March 01, 2024, 06:29:05 PM »
Hey gang,

I have a 2022 S1000xr and the one year service has popped up on the dash.  Upon plugging in the GS911 WIFI to the computer I had to install the update.  Did the update flawlessly.  Then I plug into the bike, turn on the ignition, and went to reset the service minder and it said the voltage was too low (below (12.5V) to perform the update to the bike.  The bike is on a tender and I used the Multi-meter and the battery registered 15V. 

So I disconnected my clearwater lights turned off the heated grips and all other things.  That helped, of course.  The ran it again and got an error message that tells me

"Not all expected responses were received from the controller.  If this condition persists, contact support."

I have contacted support and sent in the log files.  Has anyone else seen this?  Is there a work around?  how do you keep the power about 12.5 v with the fuel pump running with the ignition on?
GS-911 / Re: Añadir modo sport en el tft C400 GT
« Last post by jacomodus on March 01, 2024, 05:08:27 PM »
              Ruan that is why I ask if they are going to improve this option to be able to customize it according to the bike.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruan es por eso,  que pregunto si van a mejorar esta opción  para poder personalizarlo a acorde a motocicleta. 
« Last post by jacomodus on March 01, 2024, 04:57:42 PM »
I am glad to read these pleasant opinions, especially those from Wilco who say they are working to improve.
I'm interested because people who have a C400 say that the C400's tachometer is sad.
It would be nice to adapt one of the GS style with the rev range at 9000rpm and its red zone at 5000 RPM but with good presence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me alegor leer estas gratas opiniones , sobre todo las de Wilco que dice que esta trabajando para mejorar.
A mi me interesa por que la gente que tine C400 dice que el tacometro de la C400 es triste.
Molaria adaptar bien uno del estilo GS con el rango de revoluciones a 9000rpm y su zona roja a 5000 RPM pero con buena presencia.

« Last post by Wilco on March 01, 2024, 01:55:11 PM »
Hi,

If you ever want to undo a coding session and changing the coding option is not sufficient you can always use the GS-911 Restore Coding function.
This is not a factory reset as it simply recodes one of your available historic coding configurations.

I'm currently investigating tachometer customisation, that might be of use for you.
One thing I've seen is that I'm not able to enable the 9k ref range on a bike that is coded to be Sport, as the tacho display depends on the vehicle segment, and in order to get the sport screen you are essentially coding your cluster to believe it is on a sport bike.
I would love to get your feedback once some of the tachometer custom options become available.
General Discussion / Re: BMW F850gs cruise control intermittent
« Last post by Ruan on March 01, 2024, 01:40:01 PM »
Hi DCWmcservice

Would you mind pasting an autoscan of your bike in the post here?

Then, are you receiving any fault codes regarding the cruise control?

Kind regards
Ruan
« Last post by Ruan on March 01, 2024, 01:35:56 PM »
Hi Jacomodus

I'll need to confirm with the developers, but what I expect would be the configuration that's available on your bike, is similar to that of the adventure bikes, not catering exactly for the bikes like a C400.

Kind regards
Ruan
General Discussion / BMW F850gs cruise control intermittent
« Last post by DCMWmcservice on February 28, 2024, 06:17:40 PM »
has anybody experienced this issue? cruise control will work for many miles fine, acceleration deceleration, then will just shutoff for no reason. all switches check out. the only switch I cannot see is the front brake switch which I believe is in the ABS unit, not sure why BMW put only a rear brake switch on the bike and the front one internal to the ABS unit. ABS has failed the front inlet valve test a couple of times but clears. I can see everything, but front brake switch and shift assist on GS911.  rear brake switch, clutch switch are all adjusted correctly and not sticking or flickering.

any ideas?

thank you.   
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10