Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
GS-911 / Re: 22 R1250 GSA Alarm Tone does not work anymore!
« Last post by GS Jim on March 04, 2024, 12:34:52 AM »
You said "TFT screen is also disabled and it still works". But your TFT picture shows all enabled.
 My TFT is all checked but the "Warning signal" has "Rising" or "Intermittent" not Loud and ? that you have, might be a Canadian thing as yours is a US version I believe or GS/GSA, 1200/1250.
ECE siren works but I like the US sound better.
« Last post by WIZARD1325 on March 03, 2024, 11:50:45 PM »
" Its weird that changing the setting doesn't change the TFT settings. "

- This is correct it does not

Are all your boxes check on your TFT like mine though?   Its just weird that i have it disabled and my TFT screen is also disabled and it still works.

hmmmm....

No problem glad I help someone out! It took me 4 hours messing with the settings to find the right settings. And no it not just you. Many people dont purchase the alarm package on there bikes along with a GS-911

can you check to see if the ECE alarm sound works for you since i cant get my bike to go off lol.. Thanks!
« Last post by GS Jim on March 03, 2024, 11:19:42 PM »
Wizard you da man!!
Arm, disarm, train mode, warning to siren beeps all work. It seems to be the first screen where you need to set to disable for auto arm and arm/disarm tone for it to tone again. Maybe HEX mixed up the titles on the screen as the order is reversed on the second screen. Its weird that changing the setting doesn't change the TFT settings.
I also tried 60,120 second delay (disable sets it back to the stock 30 second) and disabled the battery saving mode and it still works.
Trying to get the alarm to go off on purpose has always seemed a little inconsistent, sometimes just brushing against the bike in the garage will do it and other times you have to shake the hell out of it, but it worked for me accompanied by the 12 warning tones.
Be interesting to hear HEX's take on this.
« Last post by WIZARD1325 on March 03, 2024, 08:29:56 PM »
Hey Jim try my settings it should work. In case it doesnt after which only mess with the TFT screen to see if you can get it to beep again.

My Alarm gave a warning tone today  but it took me sitting on it to activate then the alarm went off. I tried the kickstand method but that didnt set off the alarm
« Last post by GS Jim on March 03, 2024, 07:48:07 PM »
I am having this same problem also and posted about it here (http://forum.hexcode.co.za/forum/index.php/topic,4728.msg16268.html#msg16268) You are the only other person that I have noticed posting regarding this, would be interested to hear from Hex on this as I find it hard to believe no else has this problem.
I took a look at your links and will give them a try and see what happens and report back.
Regarding the 3 beeps/flashes when arming, apparently according to the manual that disables the motion sensor
From manual page 87 (Press button 1 again on the radio-operated key during the activation phase to deactivate the motion sensor (e.g. to transport the motorcycle by train when the severe movements may activate the alarm). Turn indicators flash three times. Confirmation tone sounds three times (if programmed). Motion sensor has been deactivated)
I would really like my arming tone back.
« Last post by WIZARD1325 on March 02, 2024, 10:29:54 PM »
Interesting enough if i turn on tilt sensor on the TFT  The arm beeps 3 times?  Not sure what the 3 beeps mean.

But one thing is for sure the GS-911 mess up the TFT for sure.  If I turn on all settings on the TFT screen the bike will not beep anymore.  I even tried to disable it on the GS-911 and turning it on the TFT and it still wont beep. But the settings I listed about will get it back acting right. 

Just now I can't get my alarm to go off  any help would be great since i solved 50% of the main issue myself, HEX.
GS-911 / 22 R1250 GSA Alarm Tone does not work anymore!
« Last post by WIZARD1325 on March 02, 2024, 09:07:02 PM »
I was configuration the Alarm tone on my bike and when i coded it, my alarm sound does not work anymore.

I have the arm/disarm tone enabled on both screens and on the TFT settings but no tone and also no warning tone that the alarm is going to go off. Also does not tone when manually arming with fob, just one indicator flash for "disarm" two for "arm" and three for "already armed".

I tried a couple of different arm delay times and they work correctly, double flash when armed (but no tone  :'().

Also, The setting i input on the TFT screen does not reflect the GS-911 and vice versa. How do I get my tone back?
General Discussion / Re: First time use and errors
« Last post by GS Jim on March 02, 2024, 07:17:45 PM »
There has been multiple posts concerning maintaining acceptable voltage levels while using the GS911 lately. Trickle chargers are for battery maintenance and don't work well for keeping the voltage up with ignition on as they only put out about 800 milliamps. You need to use a charger that will put out at least 4 amps. I use a microprocessor controlled variable 0-8 amp charger and I have found that works fine.
Prior to key on make sure all extra accessories are off and head light is on low beam.
15 volts is way to high, a trickle charger should never have gotten it to that level, there might be something wrong with it, you need to be careful you don't cook the battery.

I get error messages at times also, try the function again (and again), make sure you internet is stable, reboot, plug/unplug etc.
GS-911 / Leap Day
« Last post by jalex on March 01, 2024, 10:06:38 PM »
Am I the only dufus who tried to reset my (K255 model) service indicator on Leap Day?

I tried using the default, 365/6000mi option but the GS911 kept showing an error - something like "unexpected response code  ...". The bike refused to allow the service reminder to be reset.  After a couple of minutes of retrying, I realized that the GS911 was trying to set the service reminder date to 2/29/2025 and the bike computer apparently caught the invalid date.  I chose a couple of days earlier, like 2/25/2025, which then worked fine.

-the Dufus, Jalex
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10