Author Topic: R1000RR Raced bike  (Read 6937 times)

tomin8er

R1000RR Raced bike
« on: November 15, 2015, 05:41:49 AM »
Hi Stephan,

I have a customers bike that's was never plated on road and used on the track only. The Throttle body box and frame was damaged. I had the LH frame and throttle body box repaired. And now am in the process of starting the bike. The GS911 Wi-Fi cold not test fuel pump, injectors etc. so I swapped out the ECM with a used one the customer bought with the bike. I swapped units and now the GS911 can test all components positive and functioning so my assumption here is the original ECU is damaged.

Here's my question. Do I need to purchase a new one and have the dealer write the ESN to the ECU or use something like a TEXA scan tool to write to the new computer? Is there a way of having the dealer reflash the used on I have? I don't see a way of testing the sensor ring with the GS911 but the fact that I can now test everything using my GS911 that would tell me the old ECM is junk? Now when I turn the key on After 8-10 seconds I get EWS on the screen. Servos and most everything powers up on the used ECM it didn't on the original. But I cant start the bike because of EWS. The R1000RR forum has no posts related to this topic.

I do have a few error codes two in particular are servo errors. Bothe have had the cables removed and I'm assuming here the bike can still start without them?

Thanks Stephan

Your Canadian Friend here in Toronto!
Tomas
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 06:06:33 AM by tomin8er »

tomin8er

Re: R1000RR Raced bike
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 04:43:56 AM »
Wow don't chime in too quick here.....

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 11:39:26 AM »
You would need the keys that belonged to the bike that the new ECM came from.  The ECM holds the key codes, thus the EWS error.

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 11:40:31 AM »
Wow don't chime in too quick here.....

Relax, we're pacing ourselves!  ;D