Author Topic: Fuel strip calibration error  (Read 9605 times)

rms56

Fuel strip calibration error
« on: October 20, 2015, 11:07:36 PM »
Greetings all,

I mistakenly activated the fuel strip recalibration function on the GS911.  It had been on about 10 seconds or so before I cancelled it.  Everything seemed fine.  I rode for fuel a short while later and noticed the range indicator had climbed a few clicks enroute.  City speed so I wasn't concerned.  Once I filled with fuel and left the gauge remained unchanged and the range continued to climb another few clicks.  Ultimately the range peaked at 110 km from 90 km while the tank gauge remained at the the 1/4 mark.

What do I have to do to correct the fuel gauge and range indicator?

Thanks

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
Re: Fuel strip calibration error
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 07:06:00 AM »
Greetings all,

I mistakenly activated the fuel strip recalibration function on the GS911.  It had been on about 10 seconds or so before I cancelled it.  Everything seemed fine.  I rode for fuel a short while later and noticed the range indicator had climbed a few clicks enroute.  City speed so I wasn't concerned.  Once I filled with fuel and left the gauge remained unchanged and the range continued to climb another few clicks.  Ultimately the range peaked at 110 km from 90 km while the tank gauge remained at the the 1/4 mark.

What do I have to do to correct the fuel gauge and range indicator?

Thanks

I would recommend redoing the calibration, but allow it to complete.  Remember that the fuel strip must be removed from the tank and be dry while doing the calibration.