Author Topic: won't register to communicate with my bike  (Read 15473 times)

dhills69

won't register to communicate with my bike
« on: August 09, 2015, 02:18:38 AM »
Help!!! I just bought the GS911 wifi and I downloaded the software on my Dell with windows8 got the email the confirm registration which it verified. I hooked the device up to bike with cable not wifi and it comes up with message (The interface has not been registered yet, please register to be able to continue)

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: won't register to communicate with my bike
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 04:34:13 AM »
Can you clarify that you used the WiFi utility with the WiFi unit connected via USB to register it and whether you did a firmware update on it please ?

dhills69

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 04:51:52 AM »
I did, the unit isn't self power unless I couldn't get the LED's to come on until I used the cord.
Did I do something wrong? Instructions that came with it is vague!!!!

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 05:03:31 AM »
No does not sound like you did anything wrong, the normal would be to download and install the WiFi utility, hook up the GS911 for registration and firmware updates then download the downloader to get the PC app and install it

Can you access the WiFi web interface ? and what version of firmware does the WiFi say it has ?

dhills69

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 05:09:27 AM »
How do you access the WiFi web base? to check firmware?

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 05:16:18 AM »
You access the web interface via a web browser

When you opened the WiFi Utility did you configure the unit to connect to your home WiFi network ?

dhills69

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 05:19:34 AM »
I might of missed that!! how do you get back to do that?

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 05:38:11 AM »
There are 2 ways to do it

1/  Connect the WiFi unit via USB and check which lamps are active, if it is not connected via your home network the end 2 lamps should be lit one is for power the other indicates the unit is in DtoD Adhoc mode. Use the WiFi utility on the PC to connect to the GS911 and you should be able to get to the web interface by entering 10.0.0.1 into the address field of a web browser. (I am assuming here the PC has inbuilt WiFi, you could also use your smart phone or tablet to do it)

2/ Connect the WiFi via USB and launch the WiFi Utility, there device should show up in the utility and you can enter your home WiFi details, the GS911 will then attempt to connect to the home network and you should be able to launch a web browser to access GS911 via the button in the WiFi Utility

One other aspect is I would be tempted to restart the PC, connect the GS911 WiFi and confirm Windows sees it in device manager. I would also turn off any USB power saving click boxes. WIn8/8.1 is known to be too aggressive in power saving modes. Once you get into the GS911 Web Interface there is also a power saving setting in there I normally turn off as well