Author Topic: GS911 enthusiast needs the software loaded onto the laptop BUT  (Read 13606 times)

malmac

GS911 enthusiast needs the software loaded onto the laptop BUT
« on: September 27, 2015, 10:58:44 AM »
I have the yellow GS911 Enthusiast licence - the beta version I last used has expired and also I have a new PC laptop (windows 8).

The process of downloading the software fails when the laptop, powers up the GS911 but will not actually identify that it is connected.

So I tried the process on my desk top, worked fine, uploaded software no problems - but can't easily take the desktop to the shed.

First am I permitted to load the software onto more than one computer?

If the answer is yes, does anyone have any idea why the lap top will not recognise the GS911 when it is connected - when the desktop recognises the GS911 using the same USB cable.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards

mal

TRJeff

Re: GS911 enthusiast needs the software loaded onto the laptop BUT
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 03:38:02 PM »
I had the same issues with a H.P. laptop, caused many issues, turned out all the usb ports were questionable, ended up getting new computer, check your antivirus controls and firewall, Norton can cause many issues with downloading

malmac

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 09:38:16 PM »
Thanks for your response - I will call out tech today and see what gives.

I did turn off the anti virus - how ever I think the USB ports are a bit sus, even though the laptop is only about 3 months old.

Mal

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 03:07:43 AM »
More info would be needed on the laptop like make/model and version of windows for anyone to assist

malmac

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 05:29:37 AM »
Thanks all - solution was download software to desktop, copy to memory stick and load onto laptop.

GS911 now operational and doing the job.

Regards

Mal