Author Topic: ABS rear brake sticking on  (Read 5875 times)

OG996

ABS rear brake sticking on
« on: July 08, 2015, 12:36:36 AM »
Hello all I need some help with a ABS problem I have first some info on the bike it is a BMW r1200gs twin cam engine. The bike was a stolen recovered so I have had to get second hand clocks and ecu/key. The bike itself seem to run well but it’s the brakes that are really playing up well mostly the rear one I have blead the system front and back. The fount works fine but the rear at first works well but after a quick blast round the block it is sticking on. I have done a bleed test using the GS911 and the brakes are good till I go round the block to test them the rear all ways sticks on the caliper has been cleaned and is in good condition. When checking the brakes with the GS911 it shows the rear brake pressure in the system to be around 1000 sometime up to 6300.when sticking If I give it a quick bleed it will go back to 0 . I have tried just using the fount brake only but the rear still sticks. The brake warning light on the dash flashes on start-up but after moving it goes out. On testing the pump a good few times now I did get one code error come up 24153 but after clearing it it’s not come back. I really can’t thing what is wrong all help would be good thanks or if some one knows how to remove the ABS pump and dump it  and wire up the brake lights that would be good. Thanks

schuppi

Re: ABS rear brake sticking on
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 10:23:56 AM »
Hello
Welcome to the GS911 forum :)
At first, no access to fault code 24153, I have no discription yet.

Sticking rear brakes after driving:
I would look for the rear master cylinder. Adjustment of the brake lever and pin.
Than remove the rubber sleeve of the cylinder and look for dirt, maybe the piston don't walk to end position.
This will state the high pressure in rear circuit.

Hope this will help.
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more

OG996

Re: ABS rear brake sticking on
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 09:13:29 PM »
Hello schuppi and thanks.I completely forgot about there being adjustment on the rear brake leaver, i just been and slacken  the pin and had a quick blast round the block and it is miles better the brake was not sticking so it looks like it just need a bit of fine adjustment.Thanks again schuppi for the help.