Author Topic: Hello  (Read 5023 times)

JP6SIX

Hello
« on: July 06, 2015, 08:23:37 AM »
Hi, I am Jos and own a BMW K1600 GT. I live in The Netehrlands and like to monitor the status of my motorbike. I will wait buying a GS untill I can use it with my Macbook.

Mats@MFT

• Global Moderator
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 09:54:38 AM »
Welcome Jos!
I believe we have already some Mac users here at the forum. Just use the search function and you´ll find some tricks & tips on this.
Best wishes,
GS-911.de
by MFT - Milewski Fahrzeugtechnik GmbH

marchyman

• Beta testers
    • SNAFU Home
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 01:12:13 AM »
Jos, the wifi version will work with your MacBook, iPhone, Android phone, or any other device that does WiFi and has a browser.   What you can't do is run the PC program natively.   FWIW I very rarely use the PC program.   I mostly use my iPad when working in the garage.   When I do feel the need to use the PC program I run it on my MaxBook AIR inside of a virtual machine.   Fusion or Parallels or the free VirtualBox software will let you run a copy of windows inside of a window on your mac machine.

I think that's the closest you are going to get to your desire.   You will need the virtual machine running windows to access the BMW RepROM, also.   BMW doesn't provide the manual in a format that will work on anything other than a PC.   It's not a document, its an application.   Grumble.

JP6SIX

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 06:42:55 AM »
Okay, thanks a lot. I appreciate your hints.