Author Topic: New Beta Released!!!  (Read 17218 times)

GixY2K

New Beta Released!!!
« on: June 10, 2015, 11:45:58 PM »
I just got off the phone with Ted from Beemer Shop and he told me that the new Beta version of the GS911 is out and supports the S1000RR 2015.

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: New Beta Released!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 03:10:31 AM »
Did Ted indicate whether he was referring to GS911 WiFi Firmware beta or PC app beta ?, bit of a difference between the two ;D

I noticed there is an update on the public release of the GS911 WiFi firmware which does have updated model support as I just updated one myself
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 03:12:20 AM by WayneC »

GixY2K

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 04:11:51 AM »
I believe both as I just installed the beta version of the software and as soon as it detected the GS911 WiFi, it indicated that it needed a firmware update (currently running).

I'll test it on my 2015 S1000RR shortly and report back.

P.S.  Hopefully this will also fix the problem I was having while trying to connect to my home WiFi network.

Preliminary testing done.
- I was able to set the rev limiter to 0 (from 1) which I believe turns off the limiter used during break in period.
- I was able to read most parameters.  The bike was off, and it is kind of late to go take it for a ride or run the engine.

I'm going to retire for the night.  Tomorrow I'll see if I can change the oil and take it for a real spin.

Thank you Hex folks and Ted.  Good Job!

The only pending issues now are:
- Autoscan fails to do anything.  I get an error that it cannot communicate with controller.
- The GS911 WiFi still can't detect my home WiFi
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 04:55:28 AM by GixY2K »

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 04:21:45 AM »
When you say you just installed the beta version of software I suspect you mean an updated WiFi Launcher ?

EDIT, OK see what you mean, there is a new beta for PC, downloading it now, suspect it may make some Husky Terra owners pleased as well
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 04:29:09 AM by WayneC »

Engenia

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 01:51:06 AM »
there is a new beta for PC, downloading it now, suspect it may make some Husky Terra owners pleased as well
Woo hooo :o
I hope so. I've been hanging for this for the last 12 months.
Please verify once you get it running and I'll get my order into the system.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 02:52:48 AM »
Yes it loaded and ran without problems and as I indicated there are now a couple of Husky Terra owners who are pleased they now have a tool to look into their machines, I tested it on the Terra yesterday. There was an update on the WiFi firmware as well and that also has the Terra support
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 02:55:20 AM by WayneC »

kobus

• Beta testers
    • GS-911
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 02:55:04 PM »
Looks like you jumped the gun a bit, the official announcement is here: http://forum.hexcode.co.za/forum/index.php/topic,898.0.html
We usually need some time to update the website after uploading new software before making an announcement, especially with the Function Chart now becoming a bit of a monster to manage ;)
---
R1200GS Adventure (personal weapon of choice)
... and then the company fleet.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 03:52:43 PM »
Ah well it is the quick and the dead you know  ;D, you should also note I was not the first to notice but the email from this thread yesterday came about 1 hour after one of the Terra owners here asked if I would come over and test into his machine while he was prepping it for a 1700 km dirt run so it was rather timely and worked out very well for everyone, now I need a weekend to recover from the long day yesterday  ;D

fotodadi

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 06:51:44 PM »
Yes its new. Yes it does the 2015 S1000RR...

BUT

Still no functionality to change units from Miles to Kilometers and back which is a real bummer for me. The GS911 could do that with the old bikes....and this GS911wifi, with all these updates....still doesnt do this. :-\ :-[ :(

Oh well....we wait another 6 months for another update...maybe then :'( :'( :'(

kobus

• Beta testers
    • GS-911
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 09:19:47 AM »
fotodadi, in general our priorities are first to implement critical diagnostic functionality (ie. I need to fix/service my bike now!) and then move on to coding functionality.
For instance on the K001 chassis models we wil first implement ABS service functionality, XESA (ie. re-calibrate the suspension) and XRDC (failing tyre sensors...) before we get to coding.
---
R1200GS Adventure (personal weapon of choice)
... and then the company fleet.