Author Topic: New RDC sensor ID out of range  (Read 6997 times)

AntonLargiader

• Beta testers
New RDC sensor ID out of range
« on: April 16, 2015, 04:21:35 PM »
On an '08 K1200GT I have replaced both wheel sensors but I cannot register them with the DWA/RDC. The deflation did not work and when I enter the ID numbers I get a dialog saying the values are out of range. The rear sensor is 3093515 and the front is 3084505. Does this guy need to get his control unit firmware updated?

AntonLargiader

• Beta testers
Re: New RDC sensor ID out of range
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 03:39:09 AM »
Thanks for the views folks, but they aren't helping me. :) Can someone try to enter those IDs as second sensors in a bike and see if they are accepted? If so, please provide the age of the bike with the results.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 04:15:09 AM »
Afraid I have no idea Anton  :D, how does the numbering of the new one's differ from what you normally expect to see ?

TAJL

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 12:15:53 AM »
Have you tried deleting the old IDs and entering the new ones?

AntonLargiader

• Beta testers
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 02:36:49 AM »
Yes. I tried entering them as the second set, and also I deleted the old values and tried to enter these as the first set. Same error both times. Not a fault with a code, but a dialog saying something like "Negative result: ID out of range."

I wish someone would try to enter these values in a bike. I will do it when I have another bike with RDC in the shop.

AntonLargiader

• Beta testers
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 03:32:24 PM »
The issue magically resolved itself. I tried entering one of the numbers without the last digit and got the same error. I then tried using one of the example numbers from the online how-to and it did take. Then I tried one of the actual IDs and it did take. It was in the wrong place, so I overwrote it with the correct one and entered it in the correct slot and all is well.

The actual dialog box text was: "Negative response received from controller: request out of range" so it would be interesting to know what causes that dialog.

The ECU info is:
RDC/DWA type: Anti-Theft Alarm
Part No.: 7720240
Hardware Index: 11
Coding Index: 4
Manufacturer: Gemel
HWOE No.: 61766058
MCV: 0.6.0
FSV: 2.5.0
OSV: 3.2.1

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 04:10:01 PM »
Now if you were better than I Anton you would have remembered to have debug on and have a log to send Hexcode,   ;D afraid too often I forget