Author Topic: Beta update  (Read 11029 times)

Kurt Adv

Beta update
« on: February 17, 2015, 08:10:11 PM »
I bought the Hex 911 Professional a while back, why do I need to do Beta updates every three months? This is extremely frustrating when I need to use, don't have internet access, and the unit will not let me diagnose a bike.....It keeps asking me if I want to look for the new Beta update, when I cancel it just closes the program.....I don't  want to have to look for Beta updates, I want to plug this unit in to a bike, and it must diagnose.....I don't need the latest update to diagnose a 2004 bike....

marchyman

• Beta testers
    • SNAFU Home
Re: Beta update
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 02:05:04 AM »
Then don't run the beta.  Grab the downloader utility from http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/downloads and use it to grab the latest released version, 1411.2.  See http://www.hexcode.co.za/release-version-1411-is-now-available

AFAIK running the Beta version is completely optional.  If you don't need a feature that is not in the Beta version don't run the Beta version.

Kurt Adv

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 06:37:22 AM »
Thanks, did the download, but it still does the same, tells me the application has expired, then shuts the program.

marchyman

• Beta testers
    • SNAFU Home
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 06:56:24 AM »
I think the name of the application contains Beta if it is a beta version.

I just tried downloading the current version.   The downloader read my device and game me these three choices.  I picked the one in the middle.  That downloaded a file named GS-911-1411.2.exe.

I clicked on the GS-911-1411.2.exe file, said run, clicked the license check box, etc.  After finishing the installation (I did not check the box to say run the program) I had a the GS-911 shortcut on my desktop.

When I double clicked on the shortcut I got this window:

I did a test interface and then clicked the OK button.  That gave me the standard app starting window.   Note the version:

So how does what I did compare to what you did?  What are the differences?

smithster

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 07:16:57 AM »
Thanks for that post!
If it wasn't for reading that information I was just about to see how far I could throw the bl**dy GS-911 interface into the bl**dy bush!
Many thanks!

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 11:53:37 AM »
Yo Kurt.

The Beta version is the experimental version where new thing are tried.  Once the developers and beta testers are happy that everything is working, it is released as the working version and a new experimental version is started.  The old beta version then becomes obsolete.

So, as has been mentioned, just download the latest working version.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 06:47:16 AM by Jughead »