Author Topic: NUDA 900  (Read 26773 times)

mike d

Re: NUDA 900
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 01:10:55 AM »
For the first run the browser needs to download all the java script,

As I understand using Java has security issues, should it still be used?

Mike

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 01:55:49 AM »
Just about all versions of all software have security issues at some point and Java is no different, the question is whether the there is ongoing development done and updates released to resolve any issues. Java is under constant development and relied on by many applications so yes it should be used, I suspect you are referring to issues which were identified quite a while ago and well and truly resolved. There is a distinction as well between Java and Javascript. Javascript does not have the power and/or risks of full Java

mike d

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 12:36:39 PM »
Hi Wayne,

Thanks. It may well have been the full Java I read about.

Mike

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 01:35:19 PM »
No worries

Captain Scarlet has posted the cloud screen with the reset button over at the Nuda forum and seems quite chuffed with it which is great

One of our Oz owners has run into the initial delay on interface loading problems after the upgrade but we will get him sorted even if I have to ride over there, it will be such a hardship having to take the bike for a ride  ;D

obmerb

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2015, 07:15:12 AM »
One of our Oz owners has run into the initial delay on interface loading problems after the upgrade but we will get him sorted even if I have to ride over there, it will be such a hardship having to take the bike for a ride  ;D

That's be me! Finally got it working, the unit seemed to have a lot of disconnections from the WiFi network. Tried a few computers and they all seemed to drop connection to the unit.

Any who, reset the service reminder for another 6000km...

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2015, 07:40:19 AM »
Good to hear and pleased you have registered at the forum, thanks also for that initial testing earlier in the year. I think you have the dubious honour of the first Nuda hooked up for the beta testing and having to put up with me  ;D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 03:41:06 AM by WayneC »

obmerb

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2015, 02:19:28 AM »
Someones gotta be a guinea pig, without test subjects it's hard to develop products...

It's weird looking at the dash of the bike now... looks odd without that little spanner on there lol