Author Topic: Hello and a question  (Read 4484 times)

SnoDrtRider

Hello and a question
« on: December 11, 2014, 03:59:09 AM »
Hi!
 My name is Wayne and my wife and I are new to BMWs. I bought here a 2007 F650GS last year in January and was looking for an 800 for myself. Having difficulty locating one I waited until the weather cleared here in New Jersey USA and took her bike for a ride. I liked it so much I found and bought one for myself. Mine is a 2005...

We love the bikes and look forward to riding them for years to come so I decided to invest in a GS911 should the need arise to diagnose a problem. I am no stranger to computer diagnostic systems being a former ASE Certified Master Tech as well as a former Alfa Romeo Certified Master Tech.
I say former because my last year of certification was in 1992 and i have been out of the wrenching business for some time.

This brings me to a question and being a newbe not finding a proper place to ask I figured I would ask here.

Here goes: I have a chance to purchase a used GS911... It is an "original" non-wifi which two of the ten available VINs have been used on. My question is if it is OK to purchase a used device as far as being able to transfer ownership and download the software and updates?

Thanks in advance and if the mods feel I should pose my question elsewhere please advise!

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Hello and a question
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 09:57:24 AM »
Welcome, I will leave Hexcode to answer the purchase aspect but for the 650GS if it is the blutooth one for on the road error codes it will suit you well

Skim

Re: Hello and a question
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 02:39:53 PM »
Hi SnoDrtRider and welcome. I purchased a prior used bluetooth unit with 4 bikes on, although I do not know how to verify this.

Registering in your name, downloading sofware and getting it up and running is a breeze. Just follow the onscreen prompts. Very easy.