Author Topic: Can anyone help please.  (Read 10782 times)

Torx

Can anyone help please.
« on: November 15, 2014, 12:56:52 AM »
I've just purchased a new GS 911 and tried using it for the second time. The first time round no problem and managed to communicate with the bike. Unfortunately what I am finding now is when I click to open the programme in the GS Wi Fi Launcher the window shows that the device is connected to the Wi Fi network and clearly shows the IP Address in the top left of the screen but fails to show any devices detected on WI Fi in the box below (next to refresh device list). When I go into the Beta 911 programme it is saying the device is not registered when clearly this was done right at the beginning and consequently fails to communicate on line. Admittedly I'm not the best with computer operation and any help would be greatly appreciated.

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Can anyone help please.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 03:11:41 AM »
Can you let us know what PC and Windows Version please

I would connect it via USB and ensure it is there, I would also make sure it is updated with the latest firmware

Torx

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 12:04:34 PM »
Thank you for your reply and I can say that I'm running a HP laptop with Windows 8 but I must say that after I've posted the thread I've 'faffed' around considerably and managed to get into the browser for the GS 911 and from there manually put in the Wi Fi information. Eureka and an IP Address has come up in the lower screen box. Connecting to the bike after clicking on the GS 911 icon, a screen comes up with 'register your device' then this goes away and after further persistence I eventually get into the programme. What happens now is 'timed out' is displayed and then eventually goes back in the programme - (backwards and forwards). Albeit I can manage to now get in the appropriate programme but it is far from 100% but I'm a lot nearer to where I was after decades of trying!! I've managed to download the latest firmware and software but still I'm getting some grief.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 12:28:58 PM »
Windows 8 and 8.1 are known to be problematic not just for the GS911, as it is not a business operating system I dont normally have anything to do with it

I do know turning off sleep in the GS911 and sleep mode in the PC USB settings will help, it is mentioned in other threads here, suggest searching for them

Re the IP No, is it an IP No for your WiFi network or the 10.0.0.1 No for the GS911 in Adhoc mode  ?

Torx

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 06:19:32 PM »
Hi Wayne C many thanks for your information and it looks like the IP Address is in the Wi Fi for the PC. Your definitely right about the windows 8 for I had no problems at all with windows 7 but unfortunately my old lap top met a sudden death and I had to buy a new one. I suppose the only solution at this stage is battling away and looks like it's going to be a learning curve from now on. As for the sleep mode both systems are turned off. Regards.