Author Topic: windows 7  (Read 21933 times)

Tsunami

Re: windows 7
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2015, 05:55:59 PM »
I wouldn't install anything else.

Problem solved, for some reason, IE was not default program

I was even prepared to buy another lap-top/tablet.
I do not agree to have the software running on 3 other computers, one of them exactly like mine, and for a particular computer to have to install extra stuff that can conflict with god knows what..

Thanks
Now it is working, I changed the °F into °C, MPG to L/100km, cleared the errors, test, cleared the maintenance sign...
Pretty happy at this point.
I checked it with my Iphone as well... no problems on that street.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2015, 06:08:10 PM »
Good to hear you have it running but do not be so concerned re installing another browser, only 10% of people using my 650GS technical info web site use IE, worldwide only a minority of people use IE, it is problematic especially IE11, using Firefox and chrome provides another method of debugging internet problems as they do not use the M$ internet settings.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 06:10:43 PM by WayneC »

Tsunami

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 07:16:27 PM »
I am very concern in adding more stuff to my computer, which, for ones, getting more of the space, second, a bigger chance to get in conflict with other software I got.
I am the kind of guy who aims to stick with what works, and the single reason to upgrade to IE11 is, I cannot use the older version anymore, google maps, garmin, contour etc, doesn’t work with IE7 or 9 or whatever.
I hate electronics on motorcycle or vehicles, and because I want at least to be able to know what is going on I bought your gizmo, the second one in 4 years
I travel in remote places where there is no phone signal. If I was on the highway for 200Mi per weekend I wasn’t care, call AAA and have my bike towed to the shop.