Author Topic: windows 7  (Read 22137 times)

wz31857

windows 7
« on: May 25, 2013, 01:52:18 AM »
I haven't used my 911 in a while ,I purchased a refurbished Dell laptop with windows 7 I downloaded the software and it is not there I plug in my 911 and the computer does not aknowledge it.   HELP   My old computer is XP I updated the software (Beta) but it keeps closing the website.

Haakon

Re: windows 7
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 03:11:17 AM »
Hi, no one answered so I will give it a try.
I guess you did most of it right:  (from your description)

Download the "GS911 Downloader" first   http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/downloads
What is important is to know WHERE the file is stored.
If your Win7 is not modified you will have Internet Explorer as your default browser.
Then all downloaded files will be placed in a special folder.
In the browsers dropdown menu "tools" you will see "View Downloads"
Try find "GS911Downloader.exe" and run it.
----------------------------
Easier is to right click the GS911 file on the Hexcode and select "Save target as"
Then you can save it where you want..

Most other browsers has the "save target as" option.
Good luck :D

2000 F650-GS

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 11:44:00 PM »
I haven't used my 911 in a while ,I purchased a refurbished Dell laptop with windows 7 I downloaded the software and it is not there I plug in my 911 and the computer does not aknowledge it.   HELP   My old computer is XP I updated the software (Beta) but it keeps closing the website.
there was no Beta until today... not sure exactly what the problem is on your side... pls be more specific...
what is your GS-911 serial number? and what happens when you run the GS-911downloader:
 http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/support/faq/what-does-the-gs-911-downloader-do

best,
Stephan
currently riding:
    BMW F850GS Adv - slightly modified
    HD Pan America - development bike for ezCAN

Tsunami

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 05:41:59 AM »
Hi,
I am green here, and just got my new GS911 wifi today
I used to have a yellow one until last year that worked great, now i have bought the red version.
I tried to install it on my notebook, windows 7, 32bit, explorer 11.

It did not open the registration window, it was a small window with nothing on it but, "click ok when done!"
I switch and go to my PC. I registered it there
Now, moving back to the note-book, it doesn't happen anything when click on "Open browser for this device" or "Open browser for selected devices"
The PC is working

I am sad because in my trip with my bike I was planning to have the notebook with me.
I install the software on the Iphone, and it is okay, I need to comunicate with my notebook
What should I do?

Thanks to everybody that read this.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 11:05:41 AM »
Tsunami, I use the WiFi utility on a Win7 notebook without problem as many others do, I suggest you uninstall the utility and re install I would also check and ensure USB power savings is turned off, turn it off in the WiFi unit as well. Do a little clean up on Win7 and it may well be a configuration corruption

Tsunami

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 05:35:10 AM »
Thanks,

Should be something else, like a browser problem, video card etc
I will attach a picture with some print screens.
When I click "Open browser for this device", for a fraction of a second I got the message:
"Please wait, loading browser...", and then nothing is happening. I tgry attaching a print screen with the registration window, which is not a full registration window

Tsunami

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 05:46:21 AM »

Thanks again

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 05:53:54 AM »
I see the GS911 is in what looks like adhoc mode

Manually open a web browser and key in the GS911 IP No which you show as 10.0.0.1 and confirm you get the home page to the WiFi

If that works then I would be looking at the defaults for launching a browser in the Win7 configuration

Post up the partial Registration screen, that sounds intriguing

Tsunami

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 04:45:21 PM »
i opened the browser, type de IP..., nothing happened

The registration window, is not partial, basically the window you see on my screen is generated by the gs911 software.
What is missing is the browser in-between.
I will uninstall and re-install again today.
Thanks

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 05:24:44 PM »
OK, if you cant connect to the GS911 by manually entering the IP No into the browser then you will have a Win7 problem, what browsers are installed ?

Tsunami

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2015, 06:43:32 PM »
I did uninstall my GS911 wi-fi, downloader, re-install, the same situation
How can I uninstall the driver?
I guess that is making problems.

I have a similar notebook, and the software is running with out problems there, means, the browser is opening when the GS911 downloader is asking to do so.
I run IE11, operating system, windows 7 on 32
Where is the driver to uninstall it?

Thanks

Cezar

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2015, 04:54:39 AM »
Install Firefox, IE11 which is known to be flaky seems to be causing you problems. Personally I dont use M$ browsers

Engenia

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2015, 02:23:20 PM »
Install Firefox,
but be aware that due to the security flaws in Flash, Firefox no longer supports it. You can still use Flash, but not the latest version, and you will have to specifically allow it's use.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2015, 02:27:38 PM »
Be aware that Mozilla lifted the block on flash last week, the block was only a temporary one while Adobe sorted out some exploit flaw fixes which are now rolled out through the update system, I checked a site for that on friday in fact. The latest versions of flash are again those recommended for use

Engenia

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2015, 01:08:04 AM »
Install Firefox,
but be aware that due to the security flaws in Flash, Firefox no longer supports it. You can still use Flash, but not the latest version, and you will have to specifically allow it's use.
My bad :-[