General Category > General Discussion

windows 7

(1/4) > >>

wz31857:
I haven't used my 911 in a while ,I purchased a refurbished Dell laptop with windows 7 I downloaded the software and it is not there I plug in my 911 and the computer does not aknowledge it.   HELP   My old computer is XP I updated the software (Beta) but it keeps closing the website.

Haakon:
Hi, no one answered so I will give it a try.
I guess you did most of it right:  (from your description)

Download the "GS911 Downloader" first   http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/downloads
What is important is to know WHERE the file is stored.
If your Win7 is not modified you will have Internet Explorer as your default browser.
Then all downloaded files will be placed in a special folder.
In the browsers dropdown menu "tools" you will see "View Downloads"
Try find "GS911Downloader.exe" and run it.
----------------------------
Easier is to right click the GS911 file on the Hexcode and select "Save target as"
Then you can save it where you want..

Most other browsers has the "save target as" option.
Good luck :D

StephanT:

--- Quote from: wz31857 on May 25, 2013, 01:52:18 AM ---I haven't used my 911 in a while ,I purchased a refurbished Dell laptop with windows 7 I downloaded the software and it is not there I plug in my 911 and the computer does not aknowledge it.   HELP   My old computer is XP I updated the software (Beta) but it keeps closing the website.

--- End quote ---
there was no Beta until today... not sure exactly what the problem is on your side... pls be more specific...
what is your GS-911 serial number? and what happens when you run the GS-911downloader:
 http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/support/faq/what-does-the-gs-911-downloader-do

best,
Stephan

Tsunami:
Hi,
I am green here, and just got my new GS911 wifi today
I used to have a yellow one until last year that worked great, now i have bought the red version.
I tried to install it on my notebook, windows 7, 32bit, explorer 11.

It did not open the registration window, it was a small window with nothing on it but, "click ok when done!"
I switch and go to my PC. I registered it there
Now, moving back to the note-book, it doesn't happen anything when click on "Open browser for this device" or "Open browser for selected devices"
The PC is working

I am sad because in my trip with my bike I was planning to have the notebook with me.
I install the software on the Iphone, and it is okay, I need to comunicate with my notebook
What should I do?

Thanks to everybody that read this.

WayneC:
Tsunami, I use the WiFi utility on a Win7 notebook without problem as many others do, I suggest you uninstall the utility and re install I would also check and ensure USB power savings is turned off, turn it off in the WiFi unit as well. Do a little clean up on Win7 and it may well be a configuration corruption

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version