General Category > General Discussion

Tyre Pressure TPMS / Wake-Up tool for RDC

(1/17) > >>

StephanT:
I would like to know whether any of you own any tyre pressure wake-up tools, and if so which one... to wake these so you can learn them is a PITA, and although you can buy a BMW device, the new one will set you back some $600!

So I'm looking to see whether there are any generic devices that some of you are using.. so we could contact the manufacturer and see whether they would be willing to add support for the BMW TPMS sensors... if not, we will just have to make one... (but we'd rather focus our energy on the NEW GS-911  ;D

So, if you're using one, give us feedback ito:

* name/brand
* purchase cost
* tested on a BMW TPMS successfully
Alternatively, if you're a good RF/embedded engineer.. looking for a project...send me a PM ;)

best,
Stephan

Jughead:
I have a home made one.  Rather crued however.  Just a plastic disk on an electric motor that the attached TPM get attached to.  Spins like hell but wakes them up 9 times out of 10! Basically amounts to riding your bike at about 500km/h.  ;D ;D

StephanT:
 ;D

but that assumes that the sensor is not in the wheel yet...  and in that case, most of the new sensors come with the sensor number printed on them as a barcode... that you can just enter that number into the RDC control unit, without having to wake the TPMS sensor...

see the writeup on the techinfo section on our hexcode website:
 http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/procedures/rdc

best,
Stephan

Jughead:
Yip, the sensor is out of the wheel but in close proximity to the bike.  Usually only use it when I have replaced the TPM batteries, which I do often.

Jughead:
Anyone know what frequency the TPMs operate at?

I found this and wondered whether it would be compatible.  It claims to wake all existing 125KHz sensors.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Autel-TS101-Universal-TPMS-Sensor-Activation-Tool-/121052081709?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item1c2f442e2d

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version