Author Topic: 25145 internal module control error - unpermissible vehicle coding found  (Read 14716 times)

DM

BMW R1200GS ,year 2005, iABS
After use GS 911 read fault code ,show 25145 internal module control error - unpermissible vehicle coding found
What's meaning for this error code?
Only one motor (front) of servo brake working when turn on ignition switch first test  , the rear motor is not working from first test.
Thanks
DM

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
pls post a full AutoScan
currently riding:
    BMW F850GS Adv - slightly modified
    HD Pan America - development bike for ezCAN

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
Possibly a dead motor that is pulling the controller down.  I have a spare motor if you are interested.

kobus

• Beta testers
    • GS-911
The coding error suggests that the ABS controller has been replaced but not coded to match with the engine controller.
---
R1200GS Adventure (personal weapon of choice)
... and then the company fleet.

Jughead

• Beta testers
Is there going to be functionality built into the new GS911/Software to allow this coding without a visit to the local dealer?

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
still an open topic...
currently riding:

Jughead

• Beta testers
Re: 25145 internal module control error - unpermissible vehicle coding found
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 05:14:53 PM »
OK, been playing and experimenting with the iABS pumps all day today. (That's the big, servo assisted unit, as in pre 2007)

This one:

Have been playing and now know which sensor does what.  Now just need to source them.

I can also confirm that no coding is necessary when swapping out these units!

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 04:07:24 PM »
I can also confirm that no coding is necessary when swapping out these units!

how did you test this?  remember the vehicle coding on these is for vehicle model, i.e. swopping from one RT to another RT should not have an issue (besides the VIN that won't match), but swopping from a GS with half-integral and an ABS-off button to an RT with full integral and no ABS-off, might result in a coding conflict fault code...

(or at least that's my understanding...)

currently riding:

Mission

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 03:45:49 AM »
Jughead

I am pleased to see you having a look at the iABS unit, when I originally mentioned the sensor problem with my unit that is what I meant not the wheel sensors. I have not had any luck with finding replacement pezio units in small quantities.  My brakes have become completely random with no logical pattern to try and analyze where the fault is. I can have both lights flashing and still have power brakes or all lights out after the test and lose brakes the moment I pull the front brake lever. I have cleaned the brake module twice so know that its not dirty fluid/blockages or jammed pressure relief valves anymore. 
If you find a source for the new sensors let me know and I will post my module to you

PS I now ride the bike VERY carefully, the only consultation is my 1970 Triumph with cable brakes is still worse !

Jughead

• Beta testers
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 07:03:33 AM »
how did you test this?  remember the vehicle coding on these is for vehicle model, i.e. swopping from one RT to another RT should not have an issue (besides the VIN that won't match), but swopping from a GS with half-integral and an ABS-off button to an RT with full integral and no ABS-off, might result in a coding conflict fault code...

(or at least that's my understanding...)

I was given a pump by someone that had his replaced.  No idea what bike it came off though.  Rebuilt it and have subsequently used it as a loan unit in a 2005 R1200GS, 2005 R120GSA and a 2006 R1200GSA without picking up any errors.

Granted, all were R1200GS's so as you say, there may well be a problem fitting it to an RT,although I have not as yet had the need to do that swap.

Jughead

I am pleased to see you having a look at the iABS unit, when I originally mentioned the sensor problem with my unit that is what I meant not the wheel sensors. I have not had any luck with finding replacement pezio units in small quantities.  My brakes have become completely random with no logical pattern to try and analyze where the fault is. I can have both lights flashing and still have power brakes or all lights out after the test and lose brakes the moment I pull the front brake lever. I have cleaned the brake module twice so know that its not dirty fluid/blockages or jammed pressure relief valves anymore. 
If you find a source for the new sensors let me know and I will post my module to you

PS I now ride the bike VERY carefully, the only consultation is my 1970 Triumph with cable brakes is still worse !

I have possibly found a source of 2nd hand units but still need to negotiate the financials.  Once I have a few of these units to see their condition, I will decide whether to strip for spares or rebuild.

Unfortunately funds for this kind of venture are a little tight at the moment so progress is slow.

DM

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 06:18:39 AM »
Hi
Sorry for lost contact ,
At the end I found the problem from old owner's inform ,he change new(used) instrument , after I sent to dealer to use GT1 and Moss but cannot fix problem until buy the new one from dealer ,officer explained to me look like he reprogram again or something like this.
Thanks for all
DM