Author Topic: GS911 just arrived and I have many problems  (Read 16564 times)

DrIoannis

GS911 just arrived and I have many problems
« on: January 01, 2014, 07:19:17 PM »
First tried to register the unit and I get this message "Our apologies...The server has encountered an unexpected error.Please try again later or contact support.". Also tried to use the Downloader but also no luck. I followed the instructions and did not connect the device until I was told to do it by the Downloader. The Windows does not recognize the unit at all and a message appears also, look at the pic below. I have a problem with the bike and after 15 days of waiting the unit I can do nothing. Hope to resolve those problems soon. Happy new year by the way.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 07:21:54 PM by DrIoannis »

Alexm1

Re: GS911 just arrived and I have many problems
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 11:13:58 PM »
I had a problem installing the software when I first got mine; the fix was to log on as the administrator of the PC and perform the installation from there.
Alex

DrIoannis

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 07:19:27 AM »
I also tried the downloader as administrator but same results.

kobus

• Beta testers
    • GS-911
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 09:53:05 AM »
DrIoannis - I see no ticket logged at the HelpDesk so I assume you were able to get it working in the mean time?

Also, if you have a problem, instead of saying "I have many problems", I suggest you provide as much information as possible so someone can help you.
Useful information would be the version of Windows you are running and the service pack, whether it is 64 bit hardware or not, which version of the software you are using, exact error messages both from the OS and the GS-911 application etc...
---
R1200GS Adventure (personal weapon of choice)
... and then the company fleet.

DrIoannis

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 04:48:02 PM »
No unfortunately even with the help of your representative (with TeamViewer) the problem remained. I sent email for help many days ago.I use Windows 8 64bit. I tried it in both my laptops but the device was not been recognized. I returned the device back to be checked and replaced if necessary.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 04:49:34 PM by DrIoannis »

DrIoannis

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 10:20:48 PM »
As I 've been informed by the representative the unit that I have first received was faulty and it did not work. I received today the new unit and it works perfectly. What can I say...Those things can happen.