General Category > GS-911

Win10- unable to install GS-911 Diagnostic Installer

<< < (3/3)

Ruan:
Hi Paulhex

Thanks for the details provided, from that log file (given that you've confirmed internet connection), it could be either a VPN (masks IP so we can't verify to avoid clone devices) or a network setting (either ISP or your network), some routers block the ports required for encrypted data exchange, as does some network providers.

Usually though, this is just a VPN issue.

Kind regards
Ruan

Francois Barnard:

--- Quote from: paulhex on August 04, 2024, 03:07:09 AM ---Here is the log file's contents. Hopefully you can see and read it all, pasted below. I don't see a means to attach a file. I guess I'm too new.

------------------------------
DetailPrint: Downloading GS-911.exe...
Call: 3294
SetFlag: 13=6
File: overwriteflag=1, allowskipfilesflag=0, name="C:\Users\erins\AppData\Local\Temp\nscD2F1.tmp\NScurl.dll"
File: skipped: "C:\Users\erins\AppData\Local\Temp\nscD2F1.tmp\NScurl.dll" (overwriteflag=1)
DetailPrint: Download error: 0x6 "Could not resolve host: dl1.hexcode.co.za"
MessageBox: 0,"Download error.
Please make sure you are connected to the internet, or contact GS-911 support at support@hexgs911.com"

--- End quote ---

Hi Paul,

The installation logfile indicates "Download error: 0x6 "Could not resolve host: dl1.hexcode.co.za"", which is quite odd since dl1.hexcode.co.za is an Amazon Web Services CloudFront server hosted in Frankfurt. As such it looks like there were DNS issues when starting to download the files, even though it had no issues resolving upgrades.hexcode.co.za when validating the install.
We'll investigate if there were any intermittent issues with CloudFront at that time.

Kind regards,
Francois

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version