General Category > ezCAN

To quote Cool Hand Luke....

(1/2) > >>

Agent Orange:
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate."

I had an Ezcan on my KTM 1090, all working properly for a year or more. Then - while adding more Denali T3 pods at the rear - it simply stopped working. The front T3 pods and the b6 brake light all simply refused to function. I contacted Hex, sent photos, sent diagnostic ogs, tried all reset options, nothing. Hex to their credit quickly arranged a warranty replacement.
The thing is, the new unit isn't working either. All fuses are ok, all wiring is ok. When running in diagnostic mode, using the sliders on the pc software, every unit can be made to light up. The led on the Ezcan is solid green, bike battery is fully charged, but it seems as though the can data isn't getting to the Ezcan. Metering the bikes can terminals gives correct resistance, and varying voltages when switching turn signals and pulling brake lever, but nothing whatsoever from any device connected through the Ezcan.
Ideas, suggestions, solutions all welcome. I'm wondering if I could have created a can fault on the bike, but OBD and Tuneecu show no faults.
Cheers.

EDIT:

Upon reading my obd code history, 2 faults were logged at the time of the initial failure:
P1690 canbus communication malfunction
P1022 throttle position sensor short circuit to negative.
Oddly, these faults do not show any more, and the bike is running absolutely fine.

Ruan:
Hi There

Apologies for the delay here, whenever in need of immediate support, our helpdesk is the most direct contact line - support@hexezcan.com

Then, regarding the issue at hand, that fault code for CAN bus comms malfunction would explain why the ezCAN isn't receiving any signals to trigger the accessories accordingly. We have identified an issue on a handful of older KTMs where ignition is not detected correctly, and rolled out a fix for this in the current beta firmware version. You can send through your device's configuration file (top right menu > export) as well as an image of your diagnostics screen to our support desk, and we'll get your device marked as beta to see whether this is the issue.

Kind regards
Ruan

Agent Orange:
Thank you Ryan. I came here first rather than go through the support procedure because I thought it must be an issue with my bike rather than the Ezcan. As said, everything was fine till I added the rear T3 pods. If, indeed, my bike is "one of those" I'd imagine nothing would work from the outset.
I'll upload diagnostic logs and screenshots through the support channel all the same.
Thanks again to the Hex team for all their help, customer service has been quick and excellent.
Can't wait to get everything working properly again, it's a great little device.

Ruan:
Hi There

I've responded to your support ticket, thanks for the submission. The beta version should get you up and running!

Kind regards
Ruan

Agent Orange:
 ;D ;D ;D
All singing, dancing and flashing as it should!
Thanks a million for your help, I was beginning to think I might have serious canbus / ECU issues. A relief, to put it mildly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version