General Category > GS-911

Adding DWA alarm

<< < (2/4) > >>

Fleabag:
I was able to install the module and now I have the alarm settings in the TFT, but I can’t find where to put the alarm module in “pairing mode”. If I go to the alarm module coding with the GS911, I get this. “There  seems to be differences or missing data in the VIN or coding data for this controller. This can occur if a previous coding procedure was interrupted. An attempt will be made to restore a known good coding configuration for this controller.“

I can’t resolve this error or get the alarm buttons on the fob to activate/disactivate the alarm.

--- Quote from: Fleabag on July 03, 2024, 11:49:32 PM ---ha ha. Good to know, thanks!

--- End quote ---

Fleabag:
I submitted a trouble ticket. If it’s resolved I’ll update this post for anyone that may come across this issue in the future.

--- Quote from: Fleabag on July 18, 2024, 11:57:38 PM ---I was able to install the module and now I have the alarm settings in the TFT, but I can’t find where to put the alarm module in “pairing mode”. If I go to the alarm module coding with the GS911, I get this. “There  seems to be differences or missing data in the VIN or coding data for this controller. This can occur if a previous coding procedure was interrupted. An attempt will be made to restore a known good coding configuration for this controller.“

I can’t resolve this error or get the alarm buttons on the fob to activate/disactivate the alarm.

--- Quote from: Fleabag on July 03, 2024, 11:49:32 PM ---ha ha. Good to know, thanks!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Wilco:

--- Quote from: Fleabag on July 22, 2024, 04:13:48 PM ---I submitted a trouble ticket. If it’s resolved I’ll update this post for anyone that may come across this issue in the future.

--- Quote from: Fleabag on July 18, 2024, 11:57:38 PM ---I was able to install the module and now I have the alarm settings in the TFT, but I can’t find where to put the alarm module in “pairing mode”. If I go to the alarm module coding with the GS911, I get this. “There  seems to be differences or missing data in the VIN or coding data for this controller. This can occur if a previous coding procedure was interrupted. An attempt will be made to restore a known good coding configuration for this controller.“

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the ticket.
Just noting publicly here that we are working on your particular case (writing code to an uncoded XDWA controller), while botus is talking about the alarm remotes on the older DWA controller. The follow up request, coding remote buttons on the XDWA, is still in the investigation phase.

Fleabag:
Thanks!

BTW, I met a guy from your team at BMW MOA rally in Redmond, I’m not sure who that was. It was interesting to talk to him about the recent updates you have been doing. Speaking for myself, I appreciate the effort with things like this alarm module, the recent update to the controller that allowed me to get the Aux driving lights indicator to work on my R18B TFT panel, etc. Much appreciated!

Fleabag:
Resolved! The alarm module now works and the fey fob too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version