Author Topic: Problems with Sony Xperia Go (ST27i)  (Read 23925 times)

Xchallenge

Problems with Sony Xperia Go (ST27i)
« on: August 06, 2013, 10:49:17 AM »
Phone: Sony Xperia Go (ST27i)
Android version: 4.1.2
Problem: The phone lists the GS-911 number and ask for a pin. It then ends up in the list of paired devices. When trying the test option in the GS-911 app, it asks for the pin once or twice (I guess it depends on how quick I am?) and then gives me the terrible message: Error - Failed to retrieve information: Service discovery failed

When going back to the BT settings, the GS-911 is back in the available list but is never able to pair.

Following a phone reboot, it is again listed as paired. This time when trying to connect, the message is different: Error - Failed to retrieve information: Connection refused

The LED never turns blue on the GS-911, even when obviously in some way communicating, but maybe it only becomes blue when really paired?

BT in phone works with a headset and in my car.

My world is falling apart...please help... :'(

Do anyone have any experience or tips on what to change or try?

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
Re: Problems with Sony Xperia Go (ST27i)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 10:54:04 AM »
seems like Sony needs to attend to some bugs...

but let's see if anyone else has seen this or has any workarounds... in the meantime, do some googling on the general issue (use you phone model and the error message you get from the phone, and see whether other users are having the same and whether they have any workarounds..

best,
Stephan
currently riding:
    BMW F850GS Adv - slightly modified
    HD Pan America - development bike for ezCAN

Xchallenge

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 10:57:20 AM »
Thanks Stephan, will do.

More ideas still welcome... ;)

kobus

• Beta testers
    • GS-911
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 04:16:29 PM »
Phone: Sony Xperia Go (ST27i)
Android version: 4.1.2
Problem: The phone lists the GS-911 number and ask for a pin. It then ends up in the list of paired devices. When trying the test option in the GS-911 app, it asks for the pin once or twice (I guess it depends on how quick I am?) and then gives me the terrible message: Error - Failed to retrieve information: Service discovery failed

When going back to the BT settings, the GS-911 is back in the available list but is never able to pair.

Following a phone reboot, it is again listed as paired. This time when trying to connect, the message is different: Error - Failed to retrieve information: Connection refused

The LED never turns blue on the GS-911, even when obviously in some way communicating, but maybe it only becomes blue when really paired?

The LED only turns blue when a bluetooth serial port connection is made.
Pairing in bluetooth terms just configures the device.

The Service discovery failed error indicates that the SPP (serial port profile) could not be discovered.

BT in phone works with a headset and in my car.

My world is falling apart...please help... :'(

Do anyone have any experience or tips on what to change or try?

The fact that the headset works does not say much, because it operates on a completely different part of the BT stack.

This bug in the Xperia is documented here:
http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/76394

Unfortunately you will have to wait for an update from Sony or try this (from the link above):
Try the "Bluetooth SPP" app available in play store, it worked great for me! I had the pin request loop conecting a car diagnostics device and this app solved the problem, hope it helps you too, and sony people to solve the problem with an update or something..
---
R1200GS Adventure (personal weapon of choice)
... and then the company fleet.

Xchallenge

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 02:56:27 PM »
This bug in the Xperia is documented here:
http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/76394

Unfortunately you will have to wait for an update from Sony or try this (from the link above):
Try the "Bluetooth SPP" app available in play store, it worked great for me! I had the pin request loop conecting a car diagnostics device and this app solved the problem, hope it helps you too, and sony people to solve the problem with an update or something..

I searched but none of the links I followed led to anything relevant so thank you very much for finding this!

Unfortunately I don't understand how the Bluetooth spp app should improve the situation...  :'(

I've downloaded the first app that shows up in Google Play when searching for blutooth spp (developer Jerry.Li). It can connect to the GS-911 (LED becomes blue). Unfortunately that does not improve the situation in the GS-911 app. If Blutooth spp isn't connected, there is no difference from the previous situation in GS-911. When Bluetotth spp is connected I get a message that the device is busy in GS-911, which isn't surprising.

When GS-911 have failed to connect, the Bluetooth spp will also fail on the subsequent try and it needs to rescan and connect again.

Would it in any way be possible for the GS-911 to do it's connect in the same way the Bluetooth spp do?

I'm sorry for the non-informed questions but I have never looked at bluetooth have no idea how it may be implemented.

kobus

• Beta testers
    • GS-911
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 04:17:22 PM »
Would it in any way be possible for the GS-911 to do it's connect in the same way the Bluetooth spp do?

I guess there is some workaround for the sony Xperia bug, but we would not be able to test and implement without the phone in hand. Furthermore it can also be network related, as we have found that phones working on Orange the UK does not work on Verizon in the US (Verizon is usually the culprit), because some network providers introduce bugs by customising the device.

The best solution is for your phone provider to fix the bug.

We have set up a sticky for Android devices with issues.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:25:04 AM by StephanT »
---
R1200GS Adventure (personal weapon of choice)
... and then the company fleet.

Xchallenge

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 05:23:24 PM »
This is a plain, non-operator supplied phone so it's definately a Sony problem.

bevhoward

• Rebecca & Beverly, Partners
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 12:06:53 AM »
What is the bluetooth pairing PIN for the gs911?

Found it on this site...

It's "0000" and, the android pairing did ask for a pin.

Beverly Howard
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 01:50:34 AM by bevhoward »