Author Topic: Windscreen calibration after 2017  (Read 460 times)

Niva

Windscreen calibration after 2017
« on: June 09, 2024, 11:56:20 AM »
Good day,

I encountered a problem with the removal of the error in the motorcycle k1600. Several times I have repaired K1600 motorcycles manufactured before 2017r post-accident, and often replaced or repaired the windshield lift mechanism. There were no problems with such an operation.

About six months ago I replaced the windshield lift mechanism on a 2018 K1600GTL, the system worked fine until I visited a BMW dealer and updated the motorcycle's software. The windshield stands in the up position and the error about locking and calibration cannot be removed. The dealer service suggests replacing the drive with a new one. Forced calibration on the GS-911 results in an up-down movement of the mechanism and reporting an error about calibration failure.

Last month I repaired a 2018 K1600B and also replaced the windshield actuator, everything worked fine. Last week I visited the dealer and he performed service actions and software updates. After this procedure, the windshield went up and does not respond to service actions.

BMW service repeatedly said that the problem arose because the windshield repeatedly encountered an error during alignment or parking. They said more than 170 times.
Today's GS-911 scans indicate the following errors. An attempt to delete the errors is successful, but after a refresh the errors remain. Calibration causes the windshield to move but reports failure of the operation.

Returning to the 170 failures I noticed the error reading value:

Fault Code Value : 0x803EC9
Fault Code Description : Windscreen calibration: Movement blocked
Currently present : YES
Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) : NO
Frequency count : 1
Logistic (Healing) count : 40
 Fault Code History :
Record number : 1
Odometer : 22078.0 km
Absolute Time : 9515939
System voltage : 12.20 V
Ignition status : ON
Windscreen coded range : 211
Windscreen actual range : 171  ----  ????

Perhaps this is the cause of the system lock-up ? Do you have any idea how to remove or change it ?

Thank you in advance for your help

JN

Ken0150

Re: Windscreen calibration after 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2024, 09:32:17 PM »
hi, got your same error on a K1600GTL Exclusive, one day i parked my bike and the windscreen went up showing this error code, i tried clearing the error many times but nothing happened, did you manage to resolve it?