General Category > GS-911

Alarm system battery fault code won't clear

(1/2) > >>

Morrington:
Hi,

Gs911 WiFi with Nov 2023 update on a 2021 S1000RR.

It turns out I have a fault code showing regarding my alarm system battery being empty. I've replaced the batteries and cleared all faults through the Auto scan so none show however I continue to have the big yellow empty alarm system battery fault showing on my dash after I switch the bike off and on again. No matter what I do I can't seem to clear it.

Does anyone know if the gs911 is capable of clearing this or is it a dealer only kind of thing.

Thanks.

Ruan:
Hi Morrington

Best would be to share an autoscan of your bike with the fault code present - download it as text and paste it in your response here.

Without any more info there really isn't much we can do to help unless someone has experienced this exact issue.

Kind regards
Ruan

Morrington:
Thanks for your reply.

I think that may be the problem. No fault is shown on the gs911 but the fault shows on the dash. It's as if the gs911 is not aware that there is a fault.
I'll do another autoscan later and see if anything changes.

Ruan:
Hi Morrington

That's strange, if the GS-911 doesn't recognise a fault that means it's something the ECU doesn't deem relevant to report as a fault, but I would suggest to scan the bike once the fault pops up, might be a different controller reporting it.

Kind regards
Ruan

botus:
on the earlier bike when replacing the batteries its very easy to dislodge the two silly plugs that get the power on to the PCB - to make it pretty inside they twist the wires around each other till they end up too short

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version