Author Topic: What is being tested in beta  (Read 5784 times)

Greddyl30pjg

Re: What is being tested in beta
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2024, 10:48:30 PM »
Multifunction indicators. This is the new combined tail light and indicators featured on some newer models. Beta coding on the XBCL body controller is being tested to customise the brightness and behaviour of these lights.

Hi- first post after purchasing the GS911
I have a 2021 1250GSA & im curious about how the rear indicator functions can be modified once released

Would it be a case of the rear indicators dont get any brighter once the brakes are applied (just he center light functions as a brake light) so the turn signals are more visible?
Or would there be an option so that the rear indicators work as they currently do but then any red light is cut from that side once turn signal is applied?
(I.e you turn left & the both the running light & brake light is temporarily disabled on that side whilst indicating to then come back on once the turn signal is cancelled)

Thanks
Pete 

stuipooey65

• Beta testers
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2024, 11:29:33 AM »
With the GS911 you can have the rear multifunctions as indicators only without brake light or marker lights. Indicators and marker lights without brake lights or as they are from the factory. Its also very easy to switch off the front cruising lights and reactivate the rear centre light as a daytime running light.

Unfortunately there is no way to make the brake light or marker light go out on the side that you are indicating on with coding only. Some hardware modification is required to be able to do this and after trying the aforementioned options, I elected to install Weiser Technik wizard modules.

Greddyl30pjg

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2024, 05:51:58 PM »
With the GS911 you can have the rear multifunctions as indicators only without brake light or marker lights. Indicators and marker lights without brake lights or as they are from the factory. Its also very easy to switch off the front cruising lights and reactivate the rear centre light as a daytime running light.

Unfortunately there is no way to make the brake light or marker light go out on the side that you are indicating on with coding only. Some hardware modification is required to be able to do this and after trying the aforementioned options, I elected to install Weiser Technik wizard modules.

Thanks for taking the time to reply - appreciated

Having the centre rear light acting as a brake light only (vs centre AND indicators) should do the trick
Hopefully then when braking the indicators will still be visible yet the centre light will still kick out enough light to let folks behind know im braking
Thanks again