General Category > GS-911

TPMS SENSOR

<< < (2/2)

Jughead:
The ones from China are hit and miss.  One of my suppliers decided to bring in 20 to resell.  Of the 20, 2 worked.  The others were all dead.

Borgia:
The whole replace the battery thing was a reaction to the overpriced BMW sensor.

There are now much more reasonably priced alternatives to the BMW part. One can try the sensors on AliExpress. One can also get the Schrader (the OEM manufacturer for BMW) 3141M sensor although you have to buy it from a supplier in the EU since it looks like BMW blocked Schrader from distributing it in the US.

RhinoG:
Copy that. Thank you. I’ll follow it up.
Got to be something.

ssbn642:
I have replaced the battery in my 2016 R1200GS and it worked. Not an easy replacement. I thought it was not successful until I put enough miles on the bike for it to register. I am troubleshooting intermittent reading of the front sensor. eliminating interference since the sensor is so far away from the receiver. I sometimes think am I wasting my time. The main reason I want this system to work is to give me a heads up if my tire is loosing pressure while I am riding. I believe if the pressure goes below 20PSI it will give you a warning.

https://www.underhoodservice.com/tpms-sensor-signals/

Borgia:

--- Quote from: Borgia on April 10, 2023, 07:49:41 PM ---The whole replace the battery thing was a reaction to the overpriced BMW sensor.

There are now much more reasonably priced alternatives to the BMW part. One can try the sensors on AliExpress. One can also get the Schrader (the OEM manufacturer for BMW) 3141M sensor although you have to buy it from a supplier in the EU since it looks like BMW blocked Schrader from distributing it in the US.

--- End quote ---

Also one can buy a Schrader 33900 programmable sensor and it will work with the Schrader RDC if programmed for a 2009 Saturn Astra.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version