General Category > Central Vehicle Electronics/ZFE/GM issues

New Instrument Panel Install - GS911 recode?

(1/2) > >>

Ron from BC:
Is the GS911 capable of recoding/pairing a replacement instrument panel to the bike's central computer (?) so the new panel will display the bike's original mileage?

WayneC:
Always best to specify model, I assume from a previous post you have a '17 R1200GS

Replacement of a new dash purchased from Dealer would require programming & that has to be done by the Dealer ISTA system

GS911 can code parameters but not the initial programming into the bike, fitting a used dash into most models is not possible either

Ron from BC:
Thanks for the reply.  It's one of many questions relating to this new product released at the end of November:

https://kosonorthamerica.com/product/rx-5-multifunction-meter-for-bmw-r1200gs/

Understandably there isn't a user review out yet however I'm aware of a few that have ordered.  I'm assuming that this unit will start at zero on the ODO.  I'll also be interested if the install will cause any fault codes and if so will the GS-911 be able to clear them.

'17 BMW R1200GSA

WayneC:
Interesting product from Koso however how it would integrate into the R1200GS is a real question, & the ODO value matching with backup values stored in other ECU's as part of anti tamper would be problematic to say the least & fault codes from that would be generated. Fault codes in the other ECU would be able to be cleared however they would constantly reappear as "ODO mismatch"

Ron from BC:
Understood, one of the reasons I took one step back and will wait for the reviews.  It would be nice the instrument panel info more clearly and it is cheaper than upgrading the bike.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version