Author Topic: Another service reminder issue  (Read 2975 times)

Davo

Another service reminder issue
« on: July 30, 2022, 01:33:00 PM »
It’s that time of year I need to reset service reminder but on 2 BMWs lucky me, so updated PC & diagnostics tool, I bought the Wi-Fi version because I’m not able to bring my bike indoors or feel the need to by a laptop (not sure that would help) As always I forget how I done it last year so updated everything on PC & firmware.  Long story short I can use the GS-911WIFI device in my garage on all functions expect service reminder & that’s on both bikes.  Tech support want me to use my PC not sure how that will work I thought until a mate come around to help me get it closer to my flat & to try & use my home broadband.  I had to use my IPhone also to put in my home internet password on device.  So service reminder now reset yeh, looks like I’ll have to get my mate over again to do my other bike, anyone got any ideas as to why service reminder option won’t work at my garage like it has before.  Tech support not much help at the moment.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 12:09:38 PM by Davo »

milky_c

Re: Another service reminder issue
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 03:39:52 AM »
I am also having the same issue on my android.  I get the error "couldn't retrieve new data from the device. the device status did not change with time".  I just have a desktop which isnt feasible to drag into the garage.

Davo

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 12:07:31 PM »
Same error message I’m getting I’m using iphone, did you contact support?

ministeracrid

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 04:03:40 AM »
On my Android, I am also seeing the same problem. I see the error "couldn't access the device's new data. I just have a desktop computer, which I can't easily move into the garage.

Davo

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2023, 05:49:08 PM »
Yet another issue with iCloud according to error messages.  Getting peed off with this issue every bloody year same problems.

Ruan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2023, 04:17:58 PM »
Hi Davo

Just to confirm, as I understand you've found that the issue was the motorcycle date and time after disconnecting the battery, are you all sorted now?

Kind regards
Ruan

beech

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2023, 09:24:05 PM »
I'm in the same boat. Long story so I can share the details(sorry). I have an old Assus lap top that is slow and windows 7. It had the software program from 2 years ago. Worked fine with my Red WiFi unit pro version. I could do all the tests, read what I wanted to look at and up date service dates and miles. All good. Yesterday I figured it was time to go to the latest software 2305.1 trying that it came up with legacy in the title of the software.  I had a bear of a time getting it to work in D2D wifi to the lap top. Could not get to the service reset because of a warning "no internet available". I thought I could just work all this stuff between my lap top and the red unit. I thought the internet connection was for working with a phone in the wild and the 911 unit. very frustrating.
So, having on hand an almost new and seldom used Dell laptop with solid state memory fast as a whip, I figured let's dive in and use the new computer. Down loaded the 2305.1 version. I have no internet in my garage shop as it is too far from my house and the router. Now with the new laptop I can find the bike (nifty auto find thing going on here) look at all the scans and actions do stuff but still can not access the final one in the menu; the reset service date and miles. I can not do it with USB cable either. It comes up with a statement about no internet available. (internet was not needed with the old software version to do this. Seems like a negative bug to require internet for this single function when I have a PC connected by Wifi to the GS 911. There is plenty of memory to have any needed data in a PC)
I need help figuring this out. Thanks beech     
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 09:37:03 PM by beech »

Davo

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2023, 10:01:58 PM »
Yes time & date on bike need to be correct otherwise I was getting error message about cloud.  I’ve just bought a laptop & will use my phones hotspot to connect laptop & hopefully plug bike into a laptop with wifi.  Instead of trying to sort it on a small phone, with laptop I’ll probably look at other things this gs911 can do, I’m waiting for sensors batteries to die in tyres and trying to sort that 😂😂