Author Topic: setting alarm system parameters - and resetting Service due to LED lights  (Read 2818 times)

KRTW

Hi folks. I have my GS-911 installed and working and have done a little exploring, but have a long way to go. On an F800 forum asking about the security system on my bike, 2013 BMW F800gs - someone mentioned that the MotoScan for BMW app has a lot of parameters to set up the security system. And that this requires ODBLINK LX or MX - then an adapter, then the software. After spending so much on the GS-911 I'm hoping somebody can tell me if these same parameters can be edited via the GS-911?

I saw a post once on this and have since lost it. I have a service message on due to the headlights being changed to LED. Anybody know where this can be edited in the software?

Thanks.

WayneC

• Beta testers
For anyone to assist you your bike model & year would be needed, you could also check the function chart to see the functions supported on each model, https://www.hexgs911.com/function-chart/ click on ECU's to see the coding capabilities within the ECU

KRTW

Thank you for the reply. Bike model and year stated - BMW F800 gs, 2013....I will follow your instructions and see what I can find.

KRTW

Wow. A can of worms. I obviously have very much to learn. I found my bike listed, have no idea what (k72) means - or what DWA means at the end of anti-theft alarm. SO - I can't take this on right at this moment. But later I will RTFM - familiarize myself with the terms and features of what I have - then maybe I can ask more informed questions.

Thanks.

WayneC

• Beta testers
Wow. A can of worms. I obviously have very much to learn. I found my bike listed, have no idea what (k72) means - or what DWA means at the end of anti-theft alarm. SO - I can't take this on right at this moment. But later I will RTFM - familiarize myself with the terms and features of what I have - then maybe I can ask more informed questions.

Thanks.

K72 is the model designation, DWA is the Anti Theft System, you could also lodge a support ticket with Hexcode re the coding you want to do
https://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1