Author Topic: Is there a way to code TPMS for rear tire different than factory  (Read 2769 times)

lperagallo

I have a 2014 BMW k1600 GTL Exclusive that was converted to a Hanigan trike.  Hanigan says the rear tires should be 27 lbs but the TPMS system won't let me have the tire lower than 35 or the light comes on warning of low tire pressure.  Can I code the rear tire to be 27 lbs rather than 35? 

If it could be done can someone help me figure out how to do it?

Thanks,
lou

e7navy1999

Re: Is there a way to code TPMS for rear tire different than factory
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 06:31:09 PM »
Honestly I do not see a way to lower the tpms set point. Maybe the BMW factory service rep can plug into your ECU and make a parameter change?  I know one person that got fed up with TMPS in general and made a PVC sealed canister, put his TMPS sensors inside and pressurized the cylinder to 40psi.  You will have to do a sensor wake up before each ride

herkinsfighting

• slope
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 10:51:23 AM »
I use a GPS to track my speed, and while experimenting with various settings didn't appear to make a difference, I'm willing to give it another go. To get the speedometer reading around 5 percent lower, I need to use the maximum possible diameter (190/55-17, 1981mm).
slope

Borgia

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 05:49:49 PM »
Those with sidecars have a similar issue. It is possible to eliminate the TPMS readings and alerts from showing up altogether.
Hey BMW: No service manual = no new bike.

hootsville@aol.com

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2023, 06:41:05 AM »
i think i seen it needs to be in enduro mode