General Category > Technical

Well I screwed up something

(1/2) > >>

Randyjaco:
Today I was installing a brake light modulator and managed to arch a red/green wire to the frame. It was only a fraction of a second, but enough to bring up a warning triangle. I ran an AutoScan and generated 22 codes :-\

I am hoping that I just tripped a breaker somewhere. The bike (a 2017 BMW R1200RT) still runs and other than the warning triangle, I don't see any problems. I erased the codes, but they all came back. So they are still there. What do I need to do to troubleshoot and fix this? I am stumped :(

"Status left malfunction switch from KOMBI) The fault is currently present"

the codes are:
CC9420
CD9420  C & E
CD9468
3A1301
D35468
D35420
D3542  E&C
D75420
E1140  A, C & E
E11410
E11412
E11414
E11416
E11418
B7F60F
E11441  A & C
E59420

Most of the codes say terminal 15  on
                                Terminal 30  on
                                Voltage between 9v and 16v

Ruan:
Hi Randyjaco

That's quite a bummer! With that amount of fault codes, I'd suggest running them through this portal Schuppi has highlighted in the past:
https://bmwfault.codes/

Most likely you'll see a common denominator which should point to the problem child that was hurt, I hope it's something small that's cheap to replace!

Kind regards and safe travels
Ruan

Randyjaco:
Thanks Ruan. I did run them through Schuppi's portal and pretty much got the same/similar answer for all of them;telling me that Terminal 15 or 30 was on and that I was running between 9 and 16 volts. They are not clearing and I have no idea of what action to take. Surely there is a breaker somewhere I can reset. At the moment I am flummoxed.

schuppi:
Hi
first remove all connections and components that you have installed.
Read fault memory
If the same errors appear again, this indicates a fault in the CAN wiring or the control units.
No idea what a brake light monitor is, but you must have connected it incorrectly.
The described red/green cable is definitely wrong

Randyjaco:
Problem solved  ;D
Thanks for the replies. It turns out that I blew the 7.5 amp fuse. I replaced it and this time when I cleared the codes, they didn't come back. Even the lingering filler cap code, that has been bugging me for months disappeared. My bike is code free. Yeah!
I am surprised that the GS911 doesn't show a blown fuse??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version