General Category > General Discussion

New Tires - Set new pressure

(1/2) > >>

SamHanks:
Hi,
2014r1200GSA
New tire are both 35psi old were 42 & 36psi
What is the procedure? Can GS-911 change what psi the bike is looking for?
thanks

Ruan:
Hi SamHanks

May I ask what is different on the tyre? Is it a different width or what is the motivation for a different pressure requirement?

Currently not, I've sent this through to our developers for review, but this isn't on our roadmap as of yet.

Kind regards
Ruan

SamHanks:
Ruan,

Hi, yes, I was waiting for this question. The old tires called for 42 & 36 the new call for 35 front and back. The BMW ECU is looking for 42 & 36 so is incompatible with the new tire stated at 35 psi. I see instructions for BMW cars with TFT interfaces you go into a mode to reset the computer by driving around for 20 min with the new tire pressure and the ECU learns and reset to that new value. My 2014 is not TFT so thought the GS-911 could edit the default PSI setting.

BTW even though I've updated my setting to American vales F, PSI, Gallon... When I view the GS-911 readout, my pressure reads 74psi. But the external tire pressure gauge reads 35 psi. I would call that a bug.

Thanks for being the only one at all interested in responding to my request for help. I've posted two questions here, one for GS and one for EZ and in 4 days I got only your interest. But I'm not alone in the lack of support here. Just look at the view to reply difference for other users questions. This speaks to how much the Hex products are cloaked in mystery.

Like so many companies, they are more interested in expanding their markets before serving their base. I guess I'm on my own. Well, at least I can warn others about their expectations about the Hex products.

Ruan:
Hi SamHanks

Thanks for the additional details. That's a bit strange, with the nature of BMW, I would suspect that if these pressure changes are allowed to deviate from spec (and that's rare), they would be able to do it with the dealer tool. From what we've found previously, only on oil cooled bikes though, the thresholds are available, but not on the LC bikes from what we've seen.

Were the tyres purchased from a BMW dealer or from a 3rd party?

Regarding the readout of 74 PSI, was this readout done while the bike is stationary? If so, it's most likely a default value that the sensor provides prior to activation - you can test this with the bike on the center stand, put it in gear and let the rear tyre roll for a few seconds until the sensor is woken up. Now run the real-time values and check whether the rear tyre value now reflects correctly?

I do work at HEX, so we naturally support our own forum :-)

To help us out with lifting the veils of mystery that appear, could you give me some feedback on what exactly is not known to you or people you've spoken to?

Kind regards
Ruan

warmeffect:
Hello, I was wondering if you could explain the tyre's apparent change. Is the difference in pressure demand attributable to a different width, and if so, why? 2048

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version