Author Topic: New Firmware/Software Available (April 2023)  (Read 12483 times)

Mad Mac

Re: New Firmware/Software Available
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2022, 03:05:12 PM »
The latest release version of the scripts (Service Functions 120) contains a fix for the problem described in this thread. Let me know if there are further problems.  :)

Hi Wilco,

Your  suggestion to use the web interface has had an impact. Now it can reach one step more but at the end gives me an error. I have uploaded new logs to tiquet. Hope they help you solve the issue.

Issue now solved for me…..RDC removal complete, warning light (yellow triangle) extinguished from dash!
I hope I can re-establish when I change my tyres (and replace sensors!)

Thanks to the chaps at HexCode!
Regards.

Regards.

botus

• Beta testers
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2022, 03:22:02 PM »
Retrofits and removals....

I want to remove the RDC module from the 'build' until such time as I change my tyre pressure sensors.

surely your request was not a retrofit or removal of a feature from the vehicle order - rather a much, much simpler thing where you wish temporarily disable the feature in the cluster (to cover up a worn battery in a wheel sensor)

Mad Mac

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2022, 03:34:02 PM »
Not possible to simply ‘disable’ fault code.
You have to remove the RDC module from the config of main controller so that it is not looking for related error codes.

I have removed the TDC from the main config, to avoid dash-based warning lights…..and will reintroduce once I have new sensors installed later this year/in the spring…..

e7navy1999

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2022, 04:54:02 PM »
July 2021, Win 10, maybe to help a few GS911 users save a little time.  I had all sorts of issues when i updated to the new firmware.  several hurs of wasted time trying to fumble through a multitude of issues.  What I ended up doing: delete to GS911 app from my laptop. Go to the GS911 website and download a fresh copy.  After I did that everything work better then usual.  I like the new version.  been a loyal GS911 customer for 10 years but honestly their update process is never very smooth.  Every update brings on a host of issues but eventually work themselves out with painstaking troubleshooting

macmanaman

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2022, 08:55:50 PM »
Hi,

I have been suggested by Wilco to use the beta program that solves a bug that stops the process of coding the retrofit of RDC but I am unable to found any new release. Do you know how to do access it?

Regards.

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2022, 08:27:49 AM »
July 2021, Win 10, maybe to help a few GS911 users save a little time.  I had all sorts of issues when i updated to the new firmware.  several hurs of wasted time trying to fumble through a multitude of issues.  What I ended up doing: delete to GS911 app from my laptop. Go to the GS911 website and download a fresh copy.  After I did that everything work better then usual.  I like the new version.  been a loyal GS911 customer for 10 years but honestly their update process is never very smooth.  Every update brings on a host of issues but eventually work themselves out with painstaking troubleshooting

Very interesting.  I also run on Win10 and never have an update issue.

botus

• Beta testers
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2022, 10:12:36 AM »

2207.3 failed multiple times to install on my machine (first time any 911 stuff misbehaved for me), the installer kept crashing out part way through - a few reboots and trying again and each time it got a bit further on the green progress bar,  I noticed one bit seemed to be a JSON file it was arguing about

- JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) is a standard text-based format for representing structured data based on JavaScript object syntax. -

so I installed latest Java runtime environment - rebooted - wiped all the junk with CCleaner - rebooted and tried for the forth (or fifth) time and it went on - but in some list of junk as it wrapped up something was ticked red amongst a list of stuff that went OK - but I'd OK'd before I realised it was worth reading - log files dispatched to base

release notes and date of package available on the web is 3 iterations behind  https://www.hexgs911.com/news/   with that page saying "June 2022" Software and Firmware upgrades

seems to function but one module reports different info vs 2207.2

Mileage corrected - from madness
date jumbled - from correct
serial missing - from something that looked sensible
VIN field - missing completely
manu changed - from Loewe/Lear to Panasonic
distance to next service - jumped 4000km
service due date - went to gibberish

« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 10:21:27 AM by botus »

karlh

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2022, 11:55:56 AM »
The Downloads page on the Hex GS-911 website shows GS-911Diagnostics-v2207.2.exe as the latest version, while the NEWS page only describes the updates in GS-911Diagnostics-v2206.2.exe.  What updates were included in the 2207 version?
Karl
2007 R1200ST

botus

• Beta testers
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2022, 11:02:35 AM »
bug fixing - as described in the thread you replied in

The latest release version of the scripts (Service Functions 120) contains a fix for the problem described in this thread. Let me know if there are further problems.  :)

Ruan

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2022, 04:11:29 PM »

2207.3 failed multiple times to install on my machine (first time any 911 stuff misbehaved for me), the installer kept crashing out part way through - a few reboots and trying again and each time it got a bit further on the green progress bar,  I noticed one bit seemed to be a JSON file it was arguing about

- JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) is a standard text-based format for representing structured data based on JavaScript object syntax. -

so I installed latest Java runtime environment - rebooted - wiped all the junk with CCleaner - rebooted and tried for the forth (or fifth) time and it went on - but in some list of junk as it wrapped up something was ticked red amongst a list of stuff that went OK - but I'd OK'd before I realised it was worth reading - log files dispatched to base

release notes and date of package available on the web is 3 iterations behind  https://www.hexgs911.com/news/   with that page saying "June 2022" Software and Firmware upgrades

seems to function but one module reports different info vs 2207.2

Mileage corrected - from madness
date jumbled - from correct
serial missing - from something that looked sensible
VIN field - missing completely
manu changed - from Loewe/Lear to Panasonic
distance to next service - jumped 4000km
service due date - went to gibberish

Hi Botus

Thanks for the details provided and bringing this to our attention. Regarding the installation issues you experienced, the info we'll need to review will most likely be in the install.log located in C:\Program Files (x86)\HEX Innovate\GS-911 Diagnostics\install.log

You can send that to support@hexcode.co.za for us to review, might be able to pin point what caused the failures.

Kind regards
Ruan

botus

• Beta testers
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2022, 09:52:04 PM »
Hi Ruan,,

I got confused after plugging in my red GS911 wifi - I opened it and it said update available - then did nothing - then when I opened "C:\Program Files (x86)\HEX Innovate\GS-911 Diagnostics\GS-911.exe"  again (offered the update), but I thought I'd click release note and read these first.  Finding what I think is muddled wording ?  When I follow the link below it only references the yellow one as legacy and says

If you have a red device, please download and use our new GS-911 Diagnostics Application.

but then says

This marks the end of support for red devices (GS-911wifi and GS-911 USB G2) in the previous generation Windows software  that has had access to the new generation GS-911 Diagnostics desktop software since November 2021.

Yellow devices (GS-911usb, GS-911blu, 3-pin) are still supported in the GS-911 Legacy software, but will receive no new features or new supported bikes going forward, save for bug fixes or other critical changes. Additionally, Husqvarna models that were previously only supported with red devices are now also supported with yellow devices in the GS-911 Legacy application.

Please refer to this FAQ for more info: https://www.hexgs911.com/faq/will-the-legacy-app-still-be-supported/

something feels odd? please see next post I worked things out - it makes sense - but your release notes wording is unnecessarily scary

« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 10:33:18 PM by botus »

botus

• Beta testers
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2022, 10:17:55 PM »
OK think I understand things

support via the old original Windows interface remains as a legacy app and will continue to work with no new feature support on the old Yellow GS911 devices

this legacy app will also remain functional for the later red GS911 devices, but a user not updating a red device will dramatically limit the devices capability

for later functionality and support for new vehicle releases red GS911 devices should be moved to the newer WINDOWS platform which at the time of writing Sept 2022 is 2209.3

once the PC app is installed the device will upgrade its firmware to

« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 10:24:20 PM by botus »

botus

• Beta testers
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2022, 10:31:29 PM »
FYI that said your own download pages still directs users to 2207.2 download

I found after opening 2207.3 it said I had an update - when I agreed it claimed to download for a few seconds - flashed a message shut the app - then did nothing - upon me reopening after seeing no PC activity - trying again, it went through a download and long update to 2209.3 - this installed with no issues and then did a lengthy firmware update of 4 areas on the GS911 - saying 2 out of 3 and staying like that till the 4th update loaded :-)

Ruan

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2022, 08:57:25 AM »
OK think I understand things

support via the old original Windows interface remains as a legacy app and will continue to work with no new feature support on the old Yellow GS911 devices

this legacy app will also remain functional for the later red GS911 devices, but a user not updating a red device will dramatically limit the devices capability

for later functionality and support for new vehicle releases red GS911 devices should be moved to the newer WINDOWS platform which at the time of writing Sept 2022 is 2209.3

once the PC app is installed the device will upgrade its firmware to

Hi Botus

Thanks for getting back to us. So just to clarify on your findings:
- The previous legacy app, 2104.1, has been replaced with the latest legacy app, 2208.2. The new version no longer works with red devices, so that might've been the confusion when opening the new app.
- The GS-911 Diagnostics app is the successor to the legacy app for offline, Windows based diagnostic functionality. This is however the same functionality covered by the current web app, which is used by mobile and Mac
- So in theory, someone with a red device still using 2104.1 will be able to work on his bikes, but newer fault codes and bikes will simply not be available, hence the preferred action would be to download and install the latest Diagnostics application.

Regarding the updates, yes, going from the legacy app to the latest version of Diagnostics is quite a jump, but moving forward with new updates, it should be completed in no time :-)

Do you perhaps have a link to the page you found to be confusing/scary? I'd like to review this and hopefully make it much easier to understand.

Kind regards
Ruan

botus

• Beta testers
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2022, 08:05:21 PM »

Do you perhaps have a link to the page you found to be confusing/scary? I'd like to review this and hopefully make it much easier to understand.

Kind regards
Ruan

Hi Ruan, thanks for the reply

the link to the chrome version still points at download 2022.7 https://www.hexgs911.com/gs-911-downloads/

this reads sensibly and is key for anyone with a yellow device https://www.hexgs911.com/faq/will-the-legacy-app-still-be-supported/

this is scary and appears misleading from the  NEWS tab  https://www.hexgs911.com/news/  go to READ MORE  https://www.hexgs911.com/news/gs-911-legacy-has-been-released/

Where the sentence starts off saying, This marks the end of support for red devices (GS-911wifi and GS-911 USB G2) - BUT a user needs to stop panicking and note support ONLY stops if remaining on an obsolete windows platform they should have moved away from a year ago

FYI I preferred the old way to work - in my view it was simpler, more intuitive and I thought I found lots more of the in depth stuff an expert might need for engine fault finding (fuel trims, graphs, lists of parameters etc.).

- The previous legacy app, 2104.1, has been replaced with the latest legacy app, 2208.2.

yes, so
an old yellow device needs legacy windows platform 2208.2
a red device could remain out of date and also run legacy windows 2208.2

but red devices will get more features and continuing support for new vehicles moving to the chrome browser windows platform of 2209.3

however that leaves an important one unanswered - if moving firmware on a red device to get new features, does it mean the legacy windows platform is now no longer compatible with your red device ?

Regarding the updates, yes, going from the legacy app to the latest version of Diagnostics is quite a jump, but moving forward with new updates, it should be completed in no time :-)

this is not my experience

the chrome based thing in windows was fast to update in the past - yet device firmware updates have always been lengthy
since the dev work this year all these I'd say were sluggish to install
2207.3 struggled to load as per log files I sent crashing on install 4 times but stable in use.
2209.3 update was smooth but quite a lot going on with a few minutes install

but on each update the device then does firmware updates too - and this is super slow 10 mins at a time, with 2209.3 maybe more like 12mins

« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 12:32:47 PM by botus »