Author Topic: GS-911 bleed test on 02 K1200LT always red bars  (Read 2057 times)

peterme

GS-911 bleed test on 02 K1200LT always red bars
« on: March 07, 2023, 10:52:38 AM »
Hello all

I'm trying to successfully perform a bleed test on my 02 K1200LT with FTE iABS (K1X) after flushing and bleeding the wheel and control circuits. I've got BMW's workshop manual for the K1200LT and did everything completely according to the instructions. No matter how hard I pull the lever and push the pedal it's not possible to achieve higher pressures than around 126 bar for both the front and the rear control circuit. So the bars stay always red and the tool say "values not within range". After a 2nd time bleeding both control circuits the values did not change at all.

What am I doing wrong? Does anybody know what pressures have to be achieved to get green bars? Thank you in advance.

schuppi

Re: GS-911 bleed test on 02 K1200LT always red bars
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 01:03:49 PM »
Hello

the pressure should be in the range of 140 bar.
New brake pads could be the cause
Brake lever adjustment to maximum
Move the brake lever briefly to inflate
Then build up maximum pressure.
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more

peterme

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 09:52:04 AM »
Thank you for that advice. So now at least I have an idea of where it has to come to. - Right now everything is the same, also after bleeding the wheel circuits a 2nd time. Now I will bleed the control circuits a 3rd time and try again.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2023, 12:05:19 PM »
It sounds like you have followed the instructions correctly and have flushed and bled the wheel and control circuits, but are still having trouble achieving the desired pressure levels for the bleed test.
Here are a few things you could try:
Check the brake fluid level: Make sure that the brake fluid level in the reservoir is at the correct level. If it is too low, this can affect the pressure levels during the bleed test.
Check for air in the system: It is possible that there is still air trapped in the system, even after bleeding it multiple times. Try using a vacuum bleeder or a pressure bleeder to remove any remaining air.
Check the brake lines and hoses: Check the brake lines and hoses for any damage or leaks. A damaged or leaking brake line or hose can affect the pressure levels during the bleed test.
Try using a different bleed tool: If the current bleed tool you are using is not working, try using a different one. There are many different types of bleed tools available, so find one that works best for your system.
In terms of the pressure levels required to achieve green bars, this can vary depending on the specific system and the bleed tool being used. It's best to refer to the manufacturer's instructions or consult a professional mechanic for guidance on the specific pressure levels required for your system. backrooms game
I hope this helps and that you are able to successfully complete the bleed test. Good luck!

SPAM with AI text & a link to a game co
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 12:06:56 PM by WayneC »