Author Topic: gs911 error couldn't retrieve new data from the device. the device status did no  (Read 4351 times)

petecooke

I bought a used gs-911 enthusiast with 1 vin used and I'm trying to get it working on my 2010 F800st.
I'm trying to go into the service functions and I get the message. gs911 error couldn't retrieve new data from the device. the device status did not change with time

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Pete

petecooke

The device is wireless but I have it hooked up to my laptop via USB cable.

Controller : 0x6020
Controller Type : Engine Controller

Controller : 0x6A00
Controller Type : Vehicle Electronics

Controller : 0x6800
Controller Type : Instrument Cluster

Controller : 0x6900
Controller Type : ABS Brakes

WayneC

• Beta testers
I see you are using the new rewritten v2112.4 PC App, I would suggest you download & install the older legacy GS911 App v2104 & give it a try

You will need to use the Downloader & have the GS911 plugged in to USB to download it  https://www.hexgs911.com/gs-911-downloads/

petecooke

I don't see GS911 App v2104 on that link posted.
I see a legacy app 1911.2 and when I install that it takes me to the download screen to install v2112.4

I don't think it's possible to install an older version. I think I have the latest firmware installed.

Thanks for the reply.

pete

WayneC

• Beta testers
I don't see GS911 App v2104 on that link posted.
I see a legacy app 1911.2 and when I install that it takes me to the download screen to install v2112.4

I don't think it's possible to install an older version. I think I have the latest firmware installed.

Thanks for the reply.

pete

Yes you use the Downloader v1911.2 to then download the v2101 legacy GS911 PC App, the new PC App you have is called GS911 Diagnostics,  the old & new PC Apps will happily co exist on the PC, I have exactly that on the PC's I use for diagnostics & beta testing

We are in the xmas/new year holiday season so it is either download & install the old PC App or wait until after the holidays to lodge a support ticket

It would also be worthwhile downloading & installing the GS911 WiFi Utility for ease of configuration of networks & at times firmware updates

petecooke

Wayne,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I went back to that download page and clicked on the 2nd link. I thought it was documentation because of the title. It just says Download English. I think a better title would be "Download GS-911 Diagnostics Legacy".

Anyway, I downloaded the file and everything is running perfectly. I was able to add the new vin and clear my service alert.

Thanks for all your help.

Pete

WayneC

• Beta testers
Wayne,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I went back to that download page and clicked on the 2nd link. I thought it was documentation because of the title. It just says Download English. I think a better title would be "Download GS-911 Diagnostics Legacy".

Anyway, I downloaded the file and everything is running perfectly. I was able to add the new vin and clear my service alert.

Thanks for all your help.

Pete

Pete, good to hear you are now operational, for your year model the older PC App is fine as it is for my Dakar, after April it will tell you it is out of date but will remain operational, you could consider lodging a support ticket with Hexcode re the new PC App the software code in that is all so new it is not surprising a few glitches turn up, Hexcode support will ask for a debug log file to look at the issue, after all the development work they did last year they deserve a xmas break https://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1

petecooke

Thanks, I just sent them an email stating the problem.
Hopefully they will fix the problem before the legacy app expires in April.

Pete

petecooke

Update: The problem has been solved with the new version of the software that just came out v2201.2

You were right, the support team wanted me to send them my logs.
Apparently it was an issue because my laptop was not connected to my wireless network when running the maintenance functions. This issue was resolved in the latest software.

Thanks for the help.

Pete

Francois Barnard

• Administrator
    • HEX Innovate
Hi Pete,

Thanks for thoroughly reporting the issue and for the helpdesk feedback. The GS-911 Diagnostics v2201.2 release which has the issue resolved is currently in BETA testing and will be deployed to all users once we are confident there are no new problems.

Regarding the legacy app: it is in fact not expiring in April 2022, and will remain usable as long as required. A "this version is more than one year old" pop-up can however be expected after that date to encourage users still using the legacy app to move to the new GS-911 Diagnostics variant.

Kind regards,
Francois