Author Topic: TPM  (Read 2934 times)

pencile

TPM
« on: December 26, 2021, 02:29:46 AM »
I have a  2014 R 1200RT (R52)  as recognized by the GS-911.  the GS-911 seems to be reporting all the information about my bike. Seems to work in every other way except for the TMP.  It will not give both A and B tire set readings.  It only gives the current and only the current no A or B choice.  It used to give both.  Also the front sensor has a new battery installed and the bike senses the the unit.  But ridding the bike I get a sensor failure from it.  Sometimes the failure will clear only to come back after a short time.  Not sure the two are related or not..  Can someone maybe point me in the right direction to what the problem my be?

Ruan

• Administrator
Re: TPM
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 04:15:15 PM »
Hi Pencile

With the release of the LC bikes (2012+), the option to add an additional set of tyres for on/off road use has been removed. Naturally there have been many complaints from riders across the board, and at one point there were rumours that BMW was set to revert this change to allow 2 sets of tyres being stored. Nothing has come to light from that unfortunately.

Kind regards
Ruan

pencile

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 08:48:16 PM »
Thanks for the heads up..  They can add another complaint to the list for me. In light of this, with the software we now have to deal with, I have One last question. Is there a way to purge the TPM tire sensor numbers that are being currently held ?.  I'm looking for a way to start from scratch with no associated TPM tire module addresses?   

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 07:23:42 AM »
Also the front sensor has a new battery installed and the bike senses the the unit.  But ridding the bike I get a sensor failure from it.  Sometimes the failure will clear only to come back after a short time. 

I have had limited success replacing the batteries in these units.  It all depends on how good/fresh the new battery is.  Unfortunately the batteries sometimes sit on the shelf for months if not years, so it has basically already reached the end of its life when you buy it.

Heating or soldering on the battery will also affect the performance.  The only batteries that can be successfully soldered are the ones with the tabs.  However, I recently discovered that my supplier was tossing 20 or 30 of these tabbed batteries together into a bin, which caused the tabs to short with one another.  Of the 10 batteries I purchased, not one worked.