General Category > Technical

Problems connecting to a R1200RT??

(1/2) > >>

Randyjaco:
I just purchased a 2017 R1200RT and I cannot connect it to my GS911. The 911 works fine with my F800st, but refuses to connect to my RT. First off, it is difficult to make the physical connection. It takes a little fiddling and some extra force. Once done, the LEDs don't function. I presume that the 911 is getting no power from the bike. I see no bent or deformed pins.
The 911 is an enthusiast's model, but it only has the F800 set to it.
Any suggestions on how I correct the problem?

Randyjaco:
I can't seem to insert photos or screen shots

WayneC:

--- Quote from: Randyjaco on December 12, 2021, 11:50:39 PM ---I just purchased a 2017 R1200RT and I cannot connect it to my GS911. The 911 works fine with my F800st, but refuses to connect to my RT. First off, it is difficult to make the physical connection. It takes a little fiddling and some extra force. Once done, the LEDs don't function. I presume that the 911 is getting no power from the bike. I see no bent or deformed pins.
The 911 is an enthusiast's model, but it only has the F800 set to it.
Any suggestions on how I correct the problem?

--- End quote ---

You dont mention which model of GS911 it is, Yellow or the red GS911 WiFi ? plus on some model bikes there is another round 10 pin connector which can confuse people, I am not certain if the 1200RT is one of the models

Randyjaco:
Thanks. Tech support solved the problem for me. It required a square connector. The bike had both round and square, but the round was disabled.

mike d:
2017 was when BMW introduced the Euro 4 models, which were fitted with the oblong form factor connector. The round connector may well be for something like the heated seat.

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version