General Category > GS-911

Update Failure with Diagnostics 2111.2 and 2111.3

(1/3) > >>

karlh:
After successfully updating the firmware on my 10-pin GS-911wifi tool to the November 2021 version I downloaded and attempted to update the executable on my Windows 10 virtual machine.  I started with 2111.2, which informed me that an even newer version was available, so I switched to trying to install 2111.3.  When I was asked to connect my GS-911 by USB my system froze (the mouse would move but clicking on any icon gave no response).  Disconnecting the GS-911 restored mouse function.  I tried again with 2111.2 and got the same result.  Version 2104.1 was still installed and working fine (different installation folder), so I deleted the 2111 files and folders and will wait until the next bug fix to try again.

karlh:
Here's an update.  I solved the mouse problem by reverting to my touch pad.  However, the installations do not complete.  The installation window displays "Downloading GS-911.exe" and "Downloading CEF_sub.dle.7z", and the progress bar goes about half way over, then the window disappears.  The HEX Innovate and GS-911 Diagnostics folders are created, but the later only contains the files CEF_sub.dle.7z, GS-911.exe and install.log.  No shortcut is placed on the desktop, and double clicking the GS-911.exe file results in a message that the libcef.dll file could not be found.

WayneC:
2104.1 is release software, the 211x.x  versions you are trying to install were beta software perhaps best to stick to 2104.1 for now on the VM

You could lodge a support ticket with Hexcode to let them know re the VM issues https://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1

karlh:
Wayne - Thanks for the reply.  I'll open a support ticket tomorrow.  2104.1 is working well, so I'll stick with it.

Francois Barnard:

--- Quote from: karlh on November 18, 2021, 04:57:34 PM ---After successfully updating the firmware on my 10-pin GS-911wifi tool to the November 2021 version I downloaded and attempted to update the executable on my Windows 10 virtual machine.  I started with 2111.2, which informed me that an even newer version was available, so I switched to trying to install 2111.3.  When I was asked to connect my GS-911 by USB my system froze (the mouse would move but clicking on any icon gave no response).  Disconnecting the GS-911 restored mouse function.  I tried again with 2111.2 and got the same result.  Version 2104.1 was still installed and working fine (different installation folder), so I deleted the 2111 files and folders and will wait until the next bug fix to try again.

--- End quote ---

Hi Karl,

Can you please give me some info on your Windows 10 VM? Are you using VirtualBox/VMWare/Parallels? What is the system configuration?

It is evident that your installation is failing, please upload the install.log file in the `$INSTALLDIR\Hex Innovate\GS-911 Diagnostics` directory?

Kind regards,
Francois

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version