Author Topic: Is Gs-911 compatible with Windows 11  (Read 4334 times)

fahrer

Is Gs-911 compatible with Windows 11
« on: October 27, 2021, 12:38:23 AM »
Hi,

Should I upgrade to Win 11? Will my Gs-911 App function as it does on Win 10?

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Is Gs-911 compatible with Windows 11
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 03:22:41 AM »
Hi,

Should I upgrade to Win 11? Will my Gs-911 App function as it does on Win 10?

Windows 11 has a tight requirement in hardware & I expect it will take a considerable time to stabilise as per the experience with Win10 so I would not rush into upgrading, MS have not been too good on quality control the last 10 years

fahrer

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 09:26:02 AM »
Thank you for your answer.

If I understood you.correctly, GS-911 should run on W11, but you reccomend not to upgrate because of the issuess with W11 that will probably happen in the "running in"period?

Ruan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 04:51:23 PM »
Hi Fahrer

We have tested a bit on Win 11 and no problems so far. Keep in mind with the Web app (opened using the WiFi utility), this runs in a browser like Chrome, so should be unaffected as well.

Kind regards
Ruan

fahrer

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 01:18:23 AM »
Thanks, it is good to know.  :)

Graeme

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2022, 03:22:45 AM »
Have a look at my recent post with respect to using GS-911 with Linux. If you log on to it using the IP address, you can connect using any operating system and any browser. Yes, Windoze sucks big time, but "upgrading" to a later version will make not a bit of difference.

elptxjc

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022, 05:25:47 AM »
Hey Ruan (or others), what could be the issue with the PC version of the GS911 on Windows 11 Home? I was able to download and install the wi-fi version perfectly, and the tool works fine, since I was able to update the device, and then run a full scan, and reset the service reminder until Dec 2025. However, I couldn't install the PC version. My computer is a Lenovo, and I use Firefox. Tried everything, from disabling all firewall and virus/threat settings, to minimizing the level of security on internet options, and nothing worked. Even tried with Chrome, and uninstalling the wi-fi program (in case the PC had to be installed first), and same identical error that 'not connected to the internet', when it obviously is. I attached the error info I got, in case it helps. What makes no sense is I had no issues with the wi-fi version, and it went thru the same identical dialog windows, and without disabling anything, so what the heck could it be? Obviously something corrupted on that file, no? Oh, and I also tried the newer xxx.3 PC version, as well as the older xxx.2, and same crap. Hopefully somebody can help here. Will wait for help, and start a new thread if no replies. Thanks guys.

EDIT: Couldn't upload the .log file the system threw, but the other 2 should suffice. I could provide it via PM or email if needed. There's a '401 unauthorized' that should provide a clue what's going on with that file. Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 05:39:40 AM by elptxjc »

Ruan

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2024, 09:55:05 AM »
Hey Ruan (or others), what could be the issue with the PC version of the GS911 on Windows 11 Home? I was able to download and install the wi-fi version perfectly, and the tool works fine, since I was able to update the device, and then run a full scan, and reset the service reminder until Dec 2025. However, I couldn't install the PC version. My computer is a Lenovo, and I use Firefox. Tried everything, from disabling all firewall and virus/threat settings, to minimizing the level of security on internet options, and nothing worked. Even tried with Chrome, and uninstalling the wi-fi program (in case the PC had to be installed first), and same identical error that 'not connected to the internet', when it obviously is. I attached the error info I got, in case it helps. What makes no sense is I had no issues with the wi-fi version, and it went thru the same identical dialog windows, and without disabling anything, so what the heck could it be? Obviously something corrupted on that file, no? Oh, and I also tried the newer xxx.3 PC version, as well as the older xxx.2, and same crap. Hopefully somebody can help here. Will wait for help, and start a new thread if no replies. Thanks guys.

EDIT: Couldn't upload the .log file the system threw, but the other 2 should suffice. I could provide it via PM or email if needed. There's a '401 unauthorized' that should provide a clue what's going on with that file. Thank you.

Hi elptxjc

Thanks for the images, that authorisation failure message points me towards a VPN connection. In order to install our GS-911 Diagnostics app, the PC in question must authenticate with our servers and the GS-911 needs to be verified. What we've found in the past is that some VPNs (usually work VPNs), don't allow connection to the encrypted ports we use, causing the authentication to fail. Let me know if this sorts you out.

Kind regards
Ruan