Author Topic: Can't find where to reset service warnings. And can't connect to the cloud.  (Read 3891 times)

elptxjc

Is it something wrong with the cloud? Both iPhone and computer couldn't connect. And I also don't remember where to reset the service warnings. Remember stumbling upon it when setting up my unit, but don't remember where it was. Will probably end up connecting the stupid thing to the USB cable tomorrow, and see if I can do it that way. But bought a Wi-Fi unit so I didn't have to use a darn cable. And need to make my iPhone work as an infrastructure too, but didn't work either. Would appreciate some help. Thank you.
JC

elptxjc

Tried again today, and just can't connect to the freaking network with neither my computer, nor iPhone (infrastructure mode). To begin with, is there a problem with the 'cloud', or the issue on my end? The warning message seems to suggest there's often a problem with the network. When I connect the GS911 to the bike,  but with the ignition off, it seems like it wants to connect, but there's an error due to ignition being off (pic 1). But when I turn the ignition on, there's nothing (see pics 2 and 3).

I was able to connect initially from my computer, when I initially set the unit up, but never from my iPhone. And after trying that, I couldn't connect from the computer either. At least I was able to finally reset the service warning with the USB cable, but took THREE tries, so this GS911 thing seems buggy as hell. Tons of connectivity issues, so I'm far from the only one.

I'd greatly appreciate any help on how to be able to connect BOTH devices (computer and iPhone) to the network again. At least I'm able to use the GS911 in D2D, which was the main reason I bought the Wi-Fi unit. I just tried, and was able to connect to the unit (ignition off), so all looks well in that mode. The problem is the network. Thanks guys.

EDIT: Can't post more than 1 picture per post, so will have to post here Pic 1, then 2, and then 3. Sorry.

elptxjc

Picture 2.

elptxjc

Can't post picture 3 (too large). The phone lists the GS911 device, but on top of it says: 'Connected to network: Not found'. And it's obviously connected to my home network (the computer as well), which is functioning perfectly fine.

Hopefully somebody can shed light on what's going on. If it's a 'cloud' issue, why it's not prominently displayed somewhere? Imagine you  need to use it, and can't? Thankfully I was able to use the USB cable, but it took me 3 freaking tries even that way.

WayneC

• Beta testers
I would use the WiFi Utility on the PC to confirm the GS911 is properly configured for connection to your home WiFi & the firmware is up to date

The WiFi Utility also provides 1 click connection to the GS911 using the browser interface, once it is open in the browser there is a network test capability to confirm web connection & connection to the cloud server. Once configured the GS911 is stable not buggy, it should be noted that  for cloud functionality firmware must be kept up to date
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 02:43:43 AM by WayneC »

elptxjc

Thanks Wayne. The firmware is up to date, as I just configured it a few days ago. The GS911 should be properly configured still, as the green light turns solid green. And it's listed when I open the GS911 app in both phone and computer. The problem is it just doesn't connect to the 'cloud', showing the vehicle connection grayed out. And yes, I tried the connection test, but it was useless; it only showed a percentage of 'packets', which mean nothing to me. It should just tell you if it's connected to your network, and the 'cloud'; that's it.

I'm honestly tired of messing with thing, and I was able to reset the service with the USB cable, so just put the damn thing away. Ha ha. And decided it's not needed to do the ABS pump bleed with 649 miles, and desert climate, so will just do a regular bleed, since the bike is already 28 months old. Maybe next time I'll do the ABS pump bleed. The main reason I bought the Wi-Fi unit is to be able to use in D2D mode, which shouldn't be a problem. Tried it before putting it away, and it connected, so no issues there. Hopefully next time I try it the darn network will be working. We'll see :).

WayneC

• Beta testers
Thanks Wayne. The firmware is up to date, as I just configured it a few days ago. The GS911 should be properly configured still, as the green light turns solid green. And it's listed when I open the GS911 app in both phone and computer. The problem is it just doesn't connect to the 'cloud', showing the vehicle connection grayed out. And yes, I tried the connection test, but it was useless; it only showed a percentage of 'packets', which mean nothing to me. It should just tell you if it's connected to your network, and the 'cloud'; that's it.

I'm honestly tired of messing with thing, and I was able to reset the service with the USB cable, so just put the damn thing away. Ha ha. And decided it's not needed to do the ABS pump bleed with 649 miles, and desert climate, so will just do a regular bleed, since the bike is already 28 months old. Maybe next time I'll do the ABS pump bleed. The main reason I bought the Wi-Fi unit is to be able to use in D2D mode, which shouldn't be a problem. Tried it before putting it away, and it connected, so no issues there. Hopefully next time I try it the darn network will be working. We'll see :).

A little more precision in what you mean by "GS911 App", on the phone it is merely opening the HS911 web interface in the phone's browser, the WiFi utility simply opens the GS911 browser interface in the browser you are using on the PC,  so I am not certain if you are referring to the Windows Application on the PC or the browser interface

Re the network test, it is far from useless, having a test which merely says connected does not tell either the user or later support people the info needed, whether it is a GS911 or any other application connecting to a cloud server it is the response time from the network & the cloud server which is the critical info for an application & that is what the test is telling you, you might recall speed tests commonly used the allow consumers to check their internet connection, the GS911 network test goes a little further than that so is a good test, all part of what I do in my day job away from motorcycling
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 10:52:48 AM by WayneC »

elptxjc

I'm referring to both the icon you click on the computer, and the 'app' icon you click on the phone. Both open fine, and I'm able to see functions, except the connected bike one. So they're properly installed.
And I said the 'test' was useless to ME. Where is the GS911 'network' test you talked about? Only remember seeing one kind of test, which spews the said 'packets'. So everything seems to be working fine, except that cannot connect to the network. Can any of you can? Just to make sure it's not the network itself that has been down. Thank you for your help.

schuppi

Where is the GS911 'network' test you talked about?

I think the program in question is this one here:  https://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/downloads
GS-911wifi Utility for Windows [2.1MB]   or Mac (4,1MB)
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more

elptxjc

I downloaded that program the first time. And also the iPhone app. That is NOT the problem. The GS911 unit connects to my home network just fine, and I can operate the basic features, like 'auto scan'. And same thing with the iPhone. But I cannot connect to the 'cloud' network with either device, so the 'special functions' are not available. Nor the 'vehicle xxx' menu (it's grayed out). Don't understand why it's not connecting, or how to reconnect. Is there a phone number where I can call to a live person, to help me quickly figure out what's happening? Thank you.

WayneC

• Beta testers
 I assume you also downloaded & installed the Windows PC Application since you reset Service Indicator with USB connection to the bike

With the phone if it is D2D connecting to the GS911 it will not likely to have access to internet so set it as a hot spot & have the GS911 connect to it, that way you will have access to the 3g/4g/5g mobile network & the GS911 cloud whether you are at home or out on the road

The WiFi utility can be used to set up the connection to the phone hot spot as you did to set up the home WiFi, up to 10 network profiles can be stored in the GS911 & it will connect to the one which is available at the time it is connected to the bike, use the button to step through the network profiles.

When the GS911 is connected to your home WiFi  it shows the GS911 IP No to connect via web browser, I normally reserve that IP No in the WiFi router for GS911 so I can bookmark the GS911 in browsers

Post the firmware revision of the GS911 so we can confirm it is the latest version,

To get support for the GS911 In your country the Hexcode web site lists the local distributors, you could also lodge a support ticket with Hexcode & they could advise who can assist in your country - https://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1