General Category > Central Vehicle Electronics/ZFE/GM issues

Damping issue with ESA on 2021 1250gs

(1/2) > >>

pcarnut1:
Got the bike new in July and the damping has always seemed really weak in Road mode, Dynamic not too bad.

At first service asked the dealer to do an ESA re-calibration, but either it wasn't done or made no difference.  So... bought a GS-911 USB.  Did a spring re-calibration and when I popped it off the center-stand, I have pretty much NO damping in Road mode, behaves like a pogo stick.  Tried changing the spring rates from MIN, Auto, and MAX, but no difference.  If the bike is not running then I have plenty of damping, but as soon as I fire it up the damping is non-existent. Dynamic works but seems weak.  I re-did the calibration but no difference, so not sure where to go from here, thanks.

WayneC:
With such a new model it would be best to lodge a support ticket with Hexcode https://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1

pcarnut1:
Okay, will do.

GS Jim:
Just to clarify, you are talking about damping and not preload, correct? You mention both in your post.
When you adjust preload can you actually see the spring being compressed? Do it on the centre stand and watch.

Even with damping set on the softest setting (road) it should not behave like a pogo stick, sounds like a internal shock issue, since the bike is new the dealer will probably have to replace it as I doubt they can rebuild it.

pcarnut1:
^ Yes, this concerns the damping, NOT the spring pre-load.  On one of the forums there was some feedback regarding damping that doing a spring re-set helped with damping.  In my case, uh, not so much. 

I've started a ticket with Hex so I'll see if they come up with, or perhaps something I did or didn't do.  If all else fails I'll go back to the dealer, the bikes only 3 months old.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version