General Category > General Discussion

Problem with cooling system S1000RR

(1/3) > >>

jakutash:
Hi there! I need your help, I have strange things happening with the cooling system. On hot days,temperature  grows despite the turned on fans. I changed the radiator cap in the hope that it would help, it slowed down the rate of increase in temperature a little but did not save me. I want to replace the thermostat. I think he does not open the valve completely and the fluid does not circulate. Is it possible to check it somehow using gs 911? maybe pressure measurements in the cooling system?

Moto: BMW S1000RR 2015

any soap is welcome

Ruan:
Hi Jakutash

For diagnosing and issue like this, the GS-911 can be used to run an autoscan/read fault codes on your engine ECU, which will display any faults that are detected as either previously present, or currently present. What this means is that in the event that the thermostat is not sending the expected values to your bike's ECU, a fault code will be thrown on your ECU - this can be used to confirm that the problem is in fact the thermostat, and you can proceed to replace it.

The GS-911 also allows reading and logging of real time values - this can be used to check specific values relating to your cooling system, which can also help to identify where exactly the problem is.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards
Ruan

jakutash:

--- Quote from: Ruan on September 09, 2021, 09:57:52 AM ---Hi Jakutash

For diagnosing and issue like this, the GS-911 can be used to run an autoscan/read fault codes on your engine ECU, which will display any faults that are detected as either previously present, or currently present. What this means is that in the event that the thermostat is not sending the expected values to your bike's ECU, a fault code will be thrown on your ECU - this can be used to confirm that the problem is in fact the thermostat, and you can proceed to replace it.

The GS-911 also allows reading and logging of real time values - this can be used to check specific values relating to your cooling system, which can also help to identify where exactly the problem is.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards
Ruan

--- End quote ---

The problem is that termostat is not electricial... it is mechanical so no errors founded... 

GS Jim:
You could perhaps go old school and remove the thermostat (likely a lot of work) suspend it in a pot of water on the stove, start heating and observe when it opens and use a cooking thermometer to see what temperature it happens at.

jakutash:

--- Quote from: GS Jim on September 12, 2021, 05:19:21 PM ---You could perhaps go old school and remove the thermostat (likely a lot of work) suspend it in a pot of water on the stove, start heating and observe when it opens and use a cooking thermometer to see what temperature it happens at.

--- End quote ---

thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version