Author Topic: GS911 install problems with Win10 and Parallels on M1 MacBook Air  (Read 4432 times)

GeorgeKingGeorge

I have a new M1 (Apple chip) MacBook Air. It is running Win10 ARM insider preview under Parallels.

GS-911 wifi utility V2101.2 is installed and runs correctly under Win10. I can connect my GS911 to the MacBook and it is recognized by the GS0911 wifi utility. This seems to be working correctly.

The problem is with the GS-911 Downloader.exe.   When I try to install the downloader, I get the following error:

The Enigma Protector
Internal Protection Error, please contact the author!

I'm assuming this error is generated by the GS-911 Downloader, but I'm not sure. Any ideas how to get the downloader installed under my configuration?  I understand this is a non-standard way to run the GS-911 software, so any help is greatly appreciated.

George

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: GS911 install problems with Win10 and Parallels on M1 MacBook Air
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 03:32:21 AM »
George
You are certainly on the bleeding edge with the setup, lodge a support ticket with Hexcode, they know the MAC systems well
https://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1

heilanpiper

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 05:24:54 AM »
I am definitely bleeding edge. M1 with Parallels 18 and that came with Win 11 Pro. Also got the Enigma Protection. Has there been any developments? I travel with my Mac and was hoping to not carry another PC as well. My GS-911 is the old 3 pin one.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 06:00:06 AM »
I am definitely bleeding edge. M1 with Parallels 18 and that came with Win 11 Pro. Also got the Enigma Protection. Has there been any developments? I travel with my Mac and was hoping to not carry another PC as well. My GS-911 is the old 3 pin one.

Hexcode support would be the best to provide you answers, they work with the MACs where I work with Linux & VMs, lodge a support ticket & they will provide better answers than me - https://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1

Francois Barnard

• Administrator
    • HEX Innovate
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2023, 08:20:56 AM »
I have a new M1 (Apple chip) MacBook Air. It is running Win10 ARM insider preview under Parallels.

GS-911 wifi utility V2101.2 is installed and runs correctly under Win10. I can connect my GS911 to the MacBook and it is recognized by the GS0911 wifi utility. This seems to be working correctly.

The problem is with the GS-911 Downloader.exe.   When I try to install the downloader, I get the following error:

The Enigma Protector
Internal Protection Error, please contact the author!

I'm assuming this error is generated by the GS-911 Downloader, but I'm not sure. Any ideas how to get the downloader installed under my configuration?  I understand this is a non-standard way to run the GS-911 software, so any help is greatly appreciated.

George

Hi George,

Please see this FAQ related to your query: https://www.hexgs911.com/faq/why-am-i-getting-a-protection-error-when-i-install-run-on-my-windows-10-pc/

Kind regards,
Francois