Author Topic: Unable To Connect to WiFi Network After Latest GS911 Update  (Read 3508 times)

ElPolloDiablo

As per text: after the latest GS911 I have been unable to connect to my home WiFi network (no previous issues).
The device is always stuck in blinking red ligh mode (looking for network) and in Config Utility it's stuck in IP Adress: Connecting.
Scanning for networks using Config Utility returns no results.

Is there anything else I can try or do I have to open a support ticket? Thanks.

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Unable To Connect to WiFi Network After Latest GS911 Update
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 03:10:10 AM »
My memory is it is a new GS911 WiFi you recently purchased so It would be best to lodge a support ticket so Hexcode can look at the logs

ElPolloDiablo

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 07:38:12 AM »
I bought this last Summer and it worked flawlessly until the last update.
I've opened a ticket and going from the latest batch of tests it seems to be a pretty serious problem.

Thanks for the reply, I'll keep you updated.  :)

ElPolloDiablo

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 06:50:42 AM »
I will provide the details if needed, but it seems that after two firmware recoveries my GS911WiFi is now working properly.

I have no idea why the first recovery didn't work, but the second did the trick and everything now seems to be back where it was before the latest update.
I'd like to commend the post-sale assistance here: I am testing the device a bit more for them tonight but they have been ultra helpful!

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 03:10:25 AM »
Pleased to hear you have the issue resolved & that as always the Hexcode support team assistance was first class

Ruan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2021, 12:46:06 PM »
Hi All

Just to have this message on a board somewhere for random searches.

In the event that your GS-911 is not being recognized over USB or you experience similar symptoms as the author, after an update, it is more than likely that the update was interrupted by something either random on the PC or with your internet connection.

In order to get things back to normal, you'll need to follow the below instructions on either Windows or Mac with the WiFi utility:
https://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/support/how-tos/firmware-recovery

Keep in mind that this process could take quite a few tries - I've personally had one where it took more than 5 tries to fully recover the firmware. Don't get discouraged :)

If you are still not successful, please send through your device serial number and a description of the problem/what has been done to support@hexcode.co.za

Kind regards
Ruan