Author Topic: INstall woes on Win10 laptop  (Read 12257 times)

JayElDee

Re: INstall woes on Win10 laptop
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2021, 06:11:59 AM »
I worked with Ruan also and another tech. They were courteous and responsive. We got nowhere.
A real problem with dealing with them is the time difference. The most we could do was one email exchange a day, sometimes taking two days, and there was no exchange over weekends.

My problem, simply put, is I cannot install the app on the windows 10 laptop.

I can get it to work via wifi, but as you know that has VERY limited functionality.
Via wifi, I can read fault codes, but because I cannot install the app on the laptop, I really can't do anything else. That's it, just read the fault codes.
I kept playing with it on my macbook pro and for a moment I was able to reset my service reminder, just don't ask my how I accomplished that or ask me to do it again, I may try it again.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2021, 01:55:55 PM »
bud provin & JayElDee, it seems you are both in the US & seem to have issues with internet, contacting Ted Poerter & Beemershop is probably the best positive move you can both make, have them look at the units, his team at Beemershop will have stable systems & Internet to test the units then get the GS911 WiFi firmware up to the latest plus talk to the Hexcode team if any issues with the units show up in testing

There is a recovery procedure on line at Hexcode for instances where an update has not completed properly
https://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/support/how-tos/firmware-recovery
Good internet connection is needed for that though & the WiFi utility is the most forgiving when internet connection is not the best

It sounds though internet connection, PC systems & connection to local WiFi networks are the bulk of the issues
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 02:06:25 PM by WayneC »

JayElDee

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2021, 04:43:26 PM »
Hi, Wayne,

Actually, I contacted Ted P yesterday, told him of the issue, and he offered to have a look.
I am sending it out today.
It sounds though internet connection, PC systems & connection to local WiFi networks are the bulk of the issues

I hope that is it, but I have good internet, enough to stream 4k movies, the PC was wiped clean completely and the newest version of Win 10 installed. I have tried via both wifi and ethernet cable with the same unsatisfactory result.

I will post the results when I get the machine back from TP.
Thanks
John

BennieMottola

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2023, 06:05:20 PM »
I personally use the tenth version of Windows for my computer, which is the latest version. I have a laptop from Lenovo and it flies pretty fast on the tenth version of the latest Windows. On the previous version was not so fast. For me the most important factor when choosing a version is its speed. Since I earn my pc in a remote format. I work at https://1bonzaspins.com/no-deposit-bonuses no deposit bonuses on a regular basis. I earn quite a decent amount regularly. As far as I am concerned, the best version of Windows was the seventh. It was easy and clear to use. But today's software requirements are not up to par with its performance.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 11:00:23 AM by BennieMottola »

JayElDee

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2023, 04:05:17 AM »
Ted Porter couldn't get it to work on his computer either.
HexCode believed something broke inside the unit. The unit was NEVER traumatized. Their only solution was to buy a new one. No thanks.