Author Topic: MAC USER  (Read 3607 times)

tazmania_1981

MAC USER
« on: February 26, 2021, 08:58:19 AM »
Hi All

I am new here.

Looking to get Gs 911 for 2 of my bikes

There is no issues with them but S1000rr shows Service light  in dash even though it.is not really die for.service

My question is I am Mac user and do not have Windows

I will be looking to use Gs911 wifi on Amdroid

I been told there will be some functions not avaliable on Amdroid app bs Windows

What are your experience?

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: MAC USER
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 03:30:11 AM »
Hi All

I am new here.

Looking to get Gs 911 for 2 of my bikes

There is no issues with them but S1000rr shows Service light  in dash even though it.is not really die for.service

My question is I am Mac user and do not have Windows

I will be looking to use Gs911 wifi on Amdroid

I been told there will be some functions not avaliable on Amdroid app bs Windows

What are your experience?

With the Andoid phone you would use a browser to access the inbuilt hot spot in the GS911 WiFi to access basic functions like autoscan, read/clear faults & the inbuilt real time logging or set up a hot spot on the phone & configure the GS911 WiFi to log into the phone hot spot so you had full maintenance functionality using the phone's internet access to the Hexcode web server

With the MAC you could set up a Virtual Machine like parallels to run windows XP/7/Win10 & use the Windows PC App for full off line diags capability

Wilco

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 08:08:46 AM »
Full diagnostic services can also be accessed from our web servers by connecting to a common access point like your home WiFi. (i.e. GS-911 and browsing device both connected to some WiFi)
It does not matter if you are using an Andoid phone or Mac or iPhone if connecting via a browser in this case.

tazmania_1981

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 09:00:47 AM »
Cool that wont be issue really than