Author Topic: Circuit shutting down  (Read 4285 times)

Gunnert

Circuit shutting down
« on: October 25, 2020, 06:17:09 PM »
I have a '12 BMW K1600GT with Hex eZCan II. On the mirror mounts I have a pair of Rigid 4" LED lights wired to blue and red circuit so I take advantage of light turning off with turn signal. Down lower I have a pair of 3" Baja Designs LED lights wired to the Yellow circuit.

Twice now I have gone out and the lower Baja Design lights will not turn on. Each time I tried cycling lights with handlebar thumb wheel no joy. When I've gotten home I have to connect a laptop and after running diagnostics and playing around with settings the lower lights will come back on.

Any advise?

BradB

Re: Circuit shutting down
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 09:20:51 PM »
Are you sure that plugging it in to diagnostics is making them come back on or could it be just the fact that the ignition is turned on and off?

I ask because just today in the middle of a ride my aux fog lights, aux brake light, and my horn/strobe function turned off by themselves. Upon getting home I turned the bike off, immediately turned it back on and everything was working again. This is the first time its happened in this way. But as you see in another post I made this week, I have had the aux lights not come on when starting the bike but can toggle them with the directional light switch and they will come on again.

I must say, I am losing confidence in the system because of these glitches. I hope someone can address our issues.

Gunnert

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 10:20:22 PM »
No, It's not the ignition. It's happened twice while on a trip. Lower lights didn't come back on until I got home a few days later and had access to laptop.

BradB

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 11:58:12 PM »
No, It's not the ignition. It's happened twice while on a trip. Lower lights didn't come back on until I got home a few days later and had access to laptop.

I've been looking into my system for the last couple days trying to figure out what happens with your (and my) problems of lights not coming on. You said you opened up the diagnostics.

1.What color fault warning triangle did you have?
2. What was the message/problem listed?
3. What version of EzCAN do you have? Assuming its a Gen1 but not sure if its a 2 wire or 3 wire set up.

Gunnert

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 01:44:49 PM »
I have a Gen II using 2 wire connectors. I don't remember the color code or exactly how I got the lower set of lights to come back on. This is the 2nd time this has happened so I'm sure it won't be the last. It's so frustrating that I will carry a laptop with me when I go out of town. And the next time it happens I'll be sure to note the steps I take to get it back working.

BradB

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 02:19:44 PM »
I’ve started a conversation with HexCode main support center off of their website. Exchanging messages but not resolution yet. I suggest you do the same. Go to the website and use the “Contact” support tab. Please post any results!

Gunnert

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 06:35:34 PM »
Great minds think alike, I did that before posting on here.