Author Topic: 2002 f650gs dakar idle air control adaptations won't reset - conditions not righ  (Read 3993 times)

jpvSoccer

Hi, I am trying to reset all adaptations on my 2002 f650gs dakar. The adaptation reset for the idle air controller actuator errors out with a message about conditions not being right to reset the adaptations.

Does anyone have more detail on what this error is indicating?

Thanks,
John

WayneC

• Beta testers
Which of the 2 BMSC you have is reporting that ?, the one with 6000 Series firmware or the one with 8000 Series firmware ?

jpvSoccer

Hi, the 6000 series. I can try the 8000 tomorrow.

WayneC

• Beta testers
It would not surprise me if the 6000 Series diagnostics capability was more limited as it was a rush job by BMW, you only need adaptions reset for what you are attempting to do, Idle Actuator will set itself each time ignition is turned off then readjust when ignition is turned back on

jpvSoccer

Hi, I switched the ecu to one with sw version 8000 and was able to clear all adaptations. 

I guess the 911 sw could have given an error that I indicatates an unsupported feature rather then the cryptic one I rcvd with version 6000 ecu code.

Anyway, mystery  solved.

Thanks for the timely assistance.

John

WayneC

• Beta testers
Hi, I switched the ecu to one with sw version 8000 and was able to clear all adaptations. 

I guess the 911 sw could have given an error that I indicatates an unsupported feature rather then the cryptic one I rcvd with version 6000 ecu code.

Anyway, mystery  solved.

Thanks for the timely assistance.

John

The GS911 was developed after 8000 Series firmware was the normal for the single spark 650GS, there has only been one other thread with a problem of inability to do a reset & that was 5000 series again with a diagnosis index of 2 rather than the 4 of 8000 series